WTF... facebook is a pain in my ass.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Jul 14, 2009.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

RANT. cliffs at bottom.
    ------------------------
    Ok, so I HATE facebook. Not the way you are thinking... I thought myspace was pretty ok. got the job done without being a super pain in the ass and if people really wanted to stalk they had to at least put in a bit of effort. now of course myspace is lame as hell AND turned into facebook. great.

Now its possible I have no idea what im doing..

Do you have to delete people and their entire circle to keep her from keeping tabs on you and seeing any pictures you get tagged in and people you friend? Is there anyway to use facebook for the useful stuff without worrying about who is going to tag you in what and what everyone you know is going to think about it.

I said it from day one... FFFF UUUUUUUUU facebook. I do not give a damn that you are a fan of sleeping and sunny days. I do not care that right now you are sleepy, or hungry, or feeling "ugh"
    /RANT------------------------

If you are tagged in a photo, can people who are your friends but not friends with the person that tagged it see it? you have to untag yourself to prevent this?

Same question for event invitations... you are seriously telling me you can't use facebook for event invitations without telling everyone what you are doing, when, and with whom?

:rl:

I really should just delete my account if there isnt a "don't let anyone see anything about me" button somewhere. not worth the headaches. Can't even tell people you don't have it when you do because its so easy to track people down.

2. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

have you checked the privacy settings? I use it very extensively and it is great for keeping people I never want to ever find out stuff about me.

and you can make it so people can't search for you or if they do, cannot see your profile pic, etc........

but seriously, if you hate it so much, then delete it but don't go and get on it again when you want to stalk others.

3. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Well you can lock down all photos/video tagged of you via your privacy settings. Now other areas you can't stop looking at unless you totally lock your profile down.

But they are working on greater privacy controls and more transparency.

.. I would have thought this was more computer than Vag related :)

4. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

If you are tagged in a photo your friends will see it by default settings. I set all my photos to private. So nobody can see my photos from MY profile. Also, facebook has a bug that if someone comments on your photo, then his friends would be able to see your photo!

but yeah, use the privacy settings, you can change some stuff.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

because people always say oh im having a party, whats your email, ill send you the invite on facebook... or hey, i posted a bunch of pics from the last weekend, theres a really funny one of you...

6. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

So delete it. It sounds like you don't like a single thing about it.

Or are you one of those guys that goes on about how much it sucks to try and seem like you're "above" using it?

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I think social networking is great. I LOVE being able to go on and see oh, poker is cancelled or rescheduled this week, pictures are up from last weekend, so and sos party is this friday.

facebook ruined it though.... why in the world did ANYONE EVER think its a good idea to let all your friends who were NOT invited to something know that you were and are attending.. that just flies in the face of all reason.

8. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

Ah. Well the privacy options are pretty good as someone said, pretty much everything can be made private including events.

9. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

antihero,

go and check out and use the privacy settings NOW !!!!!!!!!

seriously, all of your gripes with facebook can be solved with the privacy settings, save for the few bugs as mentioned.

10. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

and, for events, there's all kinds of privacy settings. You can have it invisible to everyone but the group you're inviting, fuck you can even have the list of people invisible to people you invite if you want.

Facebook has insanely good privacy settings that you can cater for everything, or even just individual people.

11. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:werd:

12. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

where is this limited profile business?

edit: of course i checked the privacy settings. sure you can disable stuff like relationship status and when I make a comment, but i don't see anything for event invitations or tagged pictures

13. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

privacy -> profile -> "customize" whatever section. Not sure exactly, but once you get there, it's pretty self explanatory. You don't even have to have a full limited profile, you can literally type in people's individual names for each section.

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So im supposed to mail the people throwing the event and tell them im too drama to accept their invitation but if they could please change it, id be happy to accept. great. I know if its your event you can control it, but what about attending other peoples events?

15. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

then, you can even type in that person's name and it'll take you to a "profile" that shows you exactly how that specific person will be viewing your profile.

facebook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> myspace

lol

16. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

You mean if you confirm?

Go into your privacy settings, then go to the "news feed and wall" section, you can basically uncheck all those boxes and it won't update your shit in other people's news feeds.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

they took away the "nobody" option for some.. sweet. gotta give someone access just to give nobody else access... makes perfect sense.

18. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

this.

19. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

or you can just not give a fuck if your ex girlfriend sees you making out with someone new

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

even if we are just talking about girls I am currently making out with, facebook is still a pain.

21. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

the US government doesn't need to go to Facebook to get intel on it's people. The entire reason that Al Gore invented the internet was to build a detailed psychological profile of every citizen. Every web search you've ever done, every chat log, wiki article pulled...everything, they can and do access.

22. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

No they can't, I have my special tin-foil hat to protect me!

23. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Can the government see the nudes Fray sent me?

24. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

quick question... are there a lot of musical artists on fb? I keep my myspace because I'm friends with hundreds of artists and it's really convenient. but it seems like all my friends have migrated to facebook...

25. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

Facebook gets on my nerves. I know how to use it however it is just boring to me. Allthe fucking Apps...errrr whatever