wtf drama. roomate dating ex gf!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by wallydog11, Oct 24, 2005.

1. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

story:

Ok, so I was dating my ex gf for 7 months and then towards the end of September she broke up with me because of trust issues. She said I didn't trust her enough(she's the type of girl who has guy friends more than girls) I knew it was a problem but didn't know she'd break up with me over that...so yeah, i was pissed, she said she didn't wanna date me at the moment...so whatever, she broke up with me...she said she got back with every bf after she dumped them so I kept thinking she'd come back.

ok, so I live in school residence with 1 roomate, and my exgf lives here as well. My roomate and I were friends in highschool, so we requested each other for roomates. my roomate and my ex/gf are in the same program and same classes...they've been friends since 1st year (3rd now) and they do the same assignments/projects together. my ex/gf is a relationship type girl, the longest she's been single for was like 2-4 months I think. So now i talked to my roomate, and they're dating...which is fucked up because it kills me to see them together, my friend/roomate and my ex.:wtc:

I talked with my roomate, he says they're not officially dating yet because they need to think it over since they're in the same classes and projects, things will get messed up if it doesn't work out...i told him i don't care about them dating because there's nothing I can do about it, i'd rather we (exgf/roomate/me) all become friends, which probably won't happen with the ex.but who knows..

So i don't know what to do...it'd be so much better if they didn't date, because now my roomate is always with her, so this place feels empty around here..he's a good friend and we get along great and like hanging out..but if he's with her that won't happen...

I try to move on, but i keep thinking about her. it doesn't help that i always see her...I keep thinking there's hope we'll get back together, because i'm positive i've solved the trust issues.

bah, i don't know what i'm asking for...probably just venting..:hs:

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

He is not ur friend. A true boy would have talked to u before hand.

3. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

he kinda did, I knew something was going on, so I confronted him about it...he said they weren't 'offically dating' and were talking through things, i asked him what's stopping him and he said "you"...

even if i told him it bothered me, i highly doubt that'd stop him, he just got out of a 3.5 year relationship and she just broke up with me, they're both rebounds for eachother...

4. purplebeast

No, he didnt talk to u about it. He told u the truth when u asked him. Big difference.

Before u ask a girl out, before u kiss her, before u start to seriously flirt with her in the hope to get her. U talk to ur boy if they have a past with each other. Simple as that.

5. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

looks like you dont have many options here chief....

In one hand, you could be pissed at your roommate, but whats that going to solve since you live together.

In the other, you could be pissed at her, but that wouldnt make any sense.

So in the end, it's all on you. You have to accept this, and deal with it. It sucks, yes i agree with you. I would feel angry and akward also if i was in your shoes. But given your options, you have to overcome this, sit down and have a serious talk with your roommate. Not just some guy macho talk, but a serious talk on how you feel.

I dont know what else i would do.

6. purplebeast

ignore both of them and switch roomates at the end of this semester. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

7. 20firebird02

20firebird02 New Member

bros before hos. he fucked up and should not be datin her.

8. J

J Active Member

that's the only thing they're worried about?! seems like they've completely ruled out how you felt about the whole situation.

your friend should have been a lot more considerate. if things become severely uncomfortable for you, i suggest finding a new roommate. i predict that he would definitely be bringing her over a lot.

9. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Yer dick move by your 'friend'

10. awlewis

awlewis New Member

im sorry but what kind of friend is this guy? that is an unspoken rule you never date your friends x out of respect.

11. alex__

alex__ New Member

Mate, its more like a rule set in concrete where I'm from... one of my mates speaks about this issue even tho he hasnt broken up with his current SO. Hes like, "if ne of u guys even hook up wit her when we break up, i will kill you." and fair enough - its a dog act...simple as that.
    :nono:

12. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

tag team her with ur roomate ftw.

13. theaznfunk

theaznfunk B-boy fanatic

Hahaha

But yeah, that shit is known since birth: don't mess around w/ ur boys' exes because you wouldn't want your exes to be messed around w/ by your boys. BROS BEFORE HOS.

14. deznutz

deznutz New Member

ive done it before...haha

15. quamen

quamen New Member

bros before hoes, even if he talked to you it is still fucked up

16. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

its fucked up, but you guys only dated 7 months its not like it was a long term thing

17. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

7 months is a pretty long time. I would certainly feel that is a messed up move on your roomate/friends part to do something like this.. doesn't even seem like he has any concern of what hes doing to you.

And like the saying goes "bros before hoes", is right on cue. Don't ever date friends ex's.. thats just fucked up.

18. purplebeast

In college dating for 7 months its an eternity.