WTF do my videos play upside down?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheCowGod, Jan 29, 2004.

1. TheCowGod

TheCowGod ushi no kami

OK, so like a year ago I had some dumb video codec installed whose icon would show up in the system tray when I played videos. One time I played a video that was upside down, and i went into the options screen via the icon in the systray, and checked the option for reverse/flip video. Then, in my unbounded intelligence, I also checked "hide this icon" or whatever. So now all my NORMAL videos play upside down and mirrored, and the icon isn't there anymore so I don't know how to turn that option off. I have no idea what the codec was called. How can I figure out how to turn this option off finally? I'm tired of fucking flipping my laptop around when I want to watch a video :)

2. MP

MP New Member

uhh, just un-install the driver / codec.

Should be listed in the device manager under "sounds, video, and game controllers"

3. TheCowGod

TheCowGod ushi no kami

fuckin' a. i checked the properties for various movies in WMP9 to see what video codec they were, and all the flipped ones were Bicubic Video Resizer. from http://www.rita.lt/video_tools/help/upside_down.htm i found the command:

regsvr32 /u bicubic_resizer.ax

and voila, back to normal. i should have done this a year ago rather than just live with it for so damn long :) thanks for the help anyway.