SRS WTF do I do after ending a 4+year relationship?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BarbaraWaltersPegleg, May 6, 2007.

1. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

A few weeks ago my GF/Fiance of 4+ years basically lost her mind, quit her job and said she had to be alone. And now Im basically somehow trying to get over the fact that the person who had pushed and pushed me for marriage and family has gone nuts and is now gone. Im 30 and she just turned 23 which IMO is the problem but she always acted like more of an adult then her age.
    I was ready to settle down, and start my adult life and was excited about it all and now Im just like WTF do I do now...I am so fucking lost.

2. Spend time getting back into the habit of doing things for yourself. You need to do things for yourself to make yourself happy. Not meaning go on extravagant shopping sprees, but make yourself happy, by doing things you enjoy. I know it sounds cliche, but time heals all wounds. Good luck it will be a long and hard road ahead of you, but what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

3. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Well I have been into modding cars for 10 yrs so I have already started to buy shit, haha that wont ever stop.

And people have been telling me to not go running into another relationship soon, but then again I dont want to be alone...

It sucks also because Im in our apartment where half of the stuff here is hers and she isnt taking it until I move out so I have to see the stuff we bought and built up as a couple.

Life sucks sometimes

4. What kind of car?

5. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

MKV GTI

Ive had
    Audi 5000
    99 BMW 328
    03 350Z
    04 SRT4
    03 EVO 8

6. jonno

jonno New Member

7. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Dude all this shit has defntely fucked up my gym routine....

8. jonno

jonno New Member

:hs: don't let it. you'll be even more pissed off in the end. it's a good stress reliever too

9. jonno

jonno New Member

i'm coming to the conclusion that younger girls are a bad idea :o. i'm only 20 though so girls younger than me are even more :nuts: :run:

10. Markus

Markus New Member

Man i would have no idea what to do if my girlfriend left me. Itd be an excuse to beat people up though. I really hope that you get through this. For me, being with friends is the ultimate happy-maker. Especially if you have a friend who is always happy and hang out lots, do stuff, go for bike rides, sun is fun.

I sound gay.

But everyone supports you, man.

11. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Basically I have been hanging out with alot of old friends that I lost touch with which definitely has been helping...

And yah I need to get crazy again in the gym and just take out all my anger in there...I think that would help a shitload

12. jonno

jonno New Member

and give you more confidence so you can find 'the one' :noes:

13. teo

teo . => ? => !

You shouldn't be obligated to look at it or after it. Tell her to put it in storage or have someone else pick it up and store it for her. You need to get on with your own life and rebuild your home for yourself without getting constant reminders of her. If you hang onto her things, you and possibly her as well may be unconsciously harboring hope that she'll return and your relationship will continue.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

learn to become the source of your own happiness

15. Brunt1823

Brunt1823 OT Supporter

My 3 year relationship ended 2 days ago, I'm in the same situation. Friends are helping me through, but time will be the real healer.

16. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Go buy these books:

No More Mr. Nice Guy by Dr. Robert Glover (Amazon.com) and The Dating Dictionary by "Doc Love" (eBay if you can find it, or DocLove.com for painful full price.)

Those two books will turn your life upside down.... in a good way.

The Doc Love book helped me out of an 11 year relationship and the other one is just ... :eek3: amazing like I can't explain.

17. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Im trying...

But as I said before who wants to be alone...I sure dont. Ima afraid of running into something quick now but I feel like I want another girl now already...so frustrating.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

OP, you gotta explain your user name. I laugh everytime I see it.

19. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Ive always had funny names on car forums when I dont want people to know Im on there and I had a bunch of them ie
    Sam Donaldson
    Phil Mickelson
    Walter Cronkite, you get the idea, the pegleg part I have no idea about but it still remains one of OT's favorites.

20. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

Feel like dying today....

21. Learn to be the source of your own happiness. Don't base your happiness off of someone else.

22. mightymike

mightymike New Member

hey man I know what your going through. I just got out of a relationship and it ended nicely, but it seems we didn't get to do a whole lot together. The reason i'm responding to this message is because im depressed as hell and thought i'd go on here for some advice.

Just hang in there man... thats what i'm trying to do.

23. From experience: Coming from where both of you are. You are now in the stage of chemical witdrawal from the woman. It's similar to heroine addiction. It will take time, but you will be over it in time.

24. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

haven't read the whole thread, but if it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine was supposed to get married. 1 week before the wedding she tells him she cheated on him and broke up with him. Less than a year later, he has met someone new and is really really happy.