WTF do I do about this?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AutoEuphoria, Oct 25, 2008.

1. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

My fiance sleeps ALL THE TIME. 3 or 4 nights this week she has come home...I have either bought dinner or made dinner, she eats and then falls asleep on the couch until it's time to go to bed, when she'll just go to bed. Tonight, I took her out for dinner, we came home, and she wanted to watch a movie with me. Within 15 minutes she was sleeping, and she stayed that way for 4 hours...and now it's time for me to go to bed. I've talked with her about it...it gets annoying because I want to spend time with her, but she keeps falling asleep. She says it's because she has to get up at 5am and she works really hard. Well...I guess I can understand that, but wtf am I supposed to do? Any attempt to wake her up (pleasantly or otherwise) is met with hostility.

2. dude101

dude101 New Member

reminds me of my bf but he doesn't have a job at the moment. so Idk why he's so tired all the time..and holy shit I understand where your coming from with the hostility part..and being I'm in your shoes I'll deff like to know also what other peoples have to say on this matter

3. MissBangBang

MissBangBang New Member

Could be her eating habits? or depression? Over sleeping tends to make you want to sleep more, which it seems she does a lot fo sleeping.

Like i said maybe its her eating habits..if she drinks coffee all day at work, of course she is going to crash...

She should check with a doctor because thats really unhealthy to sleep...

Trust me, too..My Ex always used to sleep. Then when i needed to go home i would just up and leave and he wouldnt even know because he was knocked out. I used to wait til he was sleeping for 5 mins and leave lol

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Seriously dude she's either exhausted from busting ass working, or she's got chronic fatigue syndrome (which people joke about but it's no joke) or something else going on. Did she recently start any new medications or anything? There are a lot of medications that have drowsiness as a side effect, and in some cases it takes weeks for your body to adapt.

If I got up at 5am I wouldn't feel like doing anything when I got home, either.

You say you're met with hostility. Normally I would take your side and say she's being a bitch, etc., but it sounds like there's something more going on.

How long has this been going on for?

5. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

used to get in trouble for that

Was working from 6am till 8pm for 3 weeks straight, plus sunday arvo and night

So the ex at the time berated me for only wanting to sleep at night and weekends. Didn´t understand we were preparing for court and parlimentary hearings so needed all the stuff done.

Basically what I´m saying is that sometimes work gets the better of other things. If it´s only been this week which is what I get from your original post, then just accpet it.

If it continues then probably she should go and get checked out for iron deficiency and things like that

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Dude, you're engaged now, learn to talk to her. Was she doing this before you popped the question? If so, why is it really bothering you now?

7. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I remember your engagement thread, now she has the ring on her finger and she's all 'GOTCHA BITCH!' :bowrofl:

This sounds exactly like what my gf and I went through early to mid this year.

She would wake up at 5am for work and get home at like 5 or 6pm unless she had class, then she would get home about 8pm.

The time we would spend together she would always be yawning and tired and falling asleep. I was understanding at first but then I just got annoyed because I want a relationship with my gf, not somebody who sleeps all the time.

There's nothing wrong with you wanting to spend time with your gf and such and there's nothing wrong with you getting bothered by her sleeping.

I told my gf that I was getting extremely bothered by it. She told me she would make a real effort to try and change it a bit and at the same time I told her I would try to be more understanding. I told her that if I didn't see any improvement that I would think about ending the relationship because I knew that I couldn't put up with dating someone like that for a long time. It wasn't fair to me.

Have a talk with her and go from there.

8. [-]

[-] Guest

Have an understanding talk.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

if she has to wake up that early, there's not much you can do to change that.

10. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

If you are getting 8-9hrs of sleep you should be able to stay alert until it is time to go to bed again for anotehr 8-9hrs of sleep.

inactivity during the day makes you tired. When she says she is "busting ass" at work, is she sitting around doing desk work or is she doing real work? If she is doing desk work, does she exercise 3-4 times per week? If not I highly suggest that. Along with that, healthy eating habits are a must.

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If she's a morning person, she's unlikely to be alert late at night a couple of hours before bedtime.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

does she get any exercise?

13. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

waking at 5am means she needs to be in bed by at least 10.

When does she get home ? I was used to taking a little nap every day, but then I'd stay up until midnight.

14. lbakk

lbakk Always love the smell of Play-Doh in the morning

Definitely tell her to go to the doctor
    I have the same problem and I went in and had blood drawn
    I found out that I may have diabetes and that's why I'm so tired.

15. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

yeah, is this normal, or is this something new?

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Get her to a doctor. This is not normal, healthy behavior.

17. ASoT

ASoT New Member

Is she a workaholic? Kindly remind her there's more to life.

18. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Tell that to most people starting out careers

Lets face it. Society respects the workaholic but not the person who does the minimum.

19. MissBangBang

MissBangBang New Member

:mamoru::bowdown: hahahaha

20. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

If she gets 8hrs of sleep from when she goes to bed and wakes up, and then she still comes home from work tired and takes a nap. Might be time to go to the doctor.