Wtf Cd-rom!!?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fst89lx, Jan 19, 2005.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Ok, My burner has stopped reading cd's. I can burn cd's but if I put in a data disc it will not read it and gives me the error message "please insert a disc into drive D:" or sometimes it will say "drive D is not ready incorrect function"

I put an "new" drive into my system from my fathers work computer that works, we just used it the other day! SAME SHIT!@! wtf.

I have one more drive I can put into it but I am afraid it'll say the same thing. any guesses as to what is going on here? I really need to be able to use my drives!

Thanks!

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I would say to try a different IDE cable, even though you said you can still burn.

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I will give that a try later tonight, any other suggestions? This is really pissing me off.

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I just put in a IDE cable that works on another system and I still have the same problem with BOTh drives on mine.

Drivers are up to date too fyi. Any more ideas???

5. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Uninstall both drives via device manager and let windows detect them after a reboot. The drives might be fiinished, which i doubt, but its a first step.

6. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I tried that with the burner and I still have the same problem, I will do it to the new one and see if it'll work.