GUN wtf CA gun laws

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paul Revere, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

so, as we are all aware, california has some of the most backward ass gun laws in the country.

well, in the past year, i've learned that a person under 21 but over 18 years of age (who would normally be able to own a handgun) can legally get one from a family member using the DOJ's Intra-familial handgun transfer process

PDF found here: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/oplaw.pdf?PHPSESSID=1b4715d9d5e68e023aa1b10eaa142b30

anyways, when you're over 21 in CA and want to buy a handgun, you have to pass whats called a Handgun Safety Certificate. its a 30 question no-brainer quiz that tests if you're smart enough (or some BS) to own a handgun. well, this morning i find out that you dont need to take an HSC if you're obtaining a handgun via the intra-familial transfer process!

so to summarize: if you're 21, you need to take the HSC, but, if you're under 21 (but over 18) you dont. :rofl:

cliffs: read the fucking post.

2. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I read an article a few weeks back about them trying to pass some bill that would require all handguns to imprint a "micro-stamp" that includes the make, model, serial on every shell casing when fired.

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

if they ever pass that there will be a nice market niche for a shell catcher to be marketed to the "reloading enthusiast"

4. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

new bolt, firing pin, barrel = pointless law.

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

what about the SN#?

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

last I checked, the bullet went nowhere near the serial on the frame :dunno:

7. Morethanchris

Morethanchris New Member

Don't forget how magazines over 10 rounds in capacity kill small children.

8. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

9. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

hes saying that if you got those parts, the it wouldnt matter what serial number was on the bullet, because it couldnt be traced back to your all original gun(if you were to swap the bolt, pin and barrel back) this would be VERY easy in something like a glock or another gun that you can swap barrels with rather easily.

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i was under the impression that the bullet would have the serial # of gun stamped onto it :dunno: sure, you can swap all ballistically identifying features, but if there is a, "mechanism to stamp the gun's make, model and serial number on the shell casing of the bullet every time the weapon is fired" it'd be hard to swap serial numbers, right?

sure, you can pick up your casings, but sometimes those fuckers are hard to find :hs:

11. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

ok... but how would they do that? you would have to call the manufacturer for EVERY bullet you wanted, give them your serial number. they would have to make new tooling for EACH gun... that would put them out of business and collapse the industry as we know it.

even serial numbers, thats still near fucking impossible, each bullet numbered? how? you cant stamp it, thats too costly. there really is NO way this could even happen. its just liberals doing what they do best... sucking dick and trying to ban shit or make something illegal for a false sense of security.

i kinda get what you're saying too, like maybe the gun will have a stamping device on the firing pin... even then, the manufacturers of ammo will have to stop putting their name on the bottom of the casing, so it can stamp the info into it. its just liberal bullshit. there is no feasable way for this to happen. if for some reason it should be made law, its time for you guys who are armed to do your part and take your place in history... just remember, liberals wont fight back. they are pussies. they probably dont even know how to work guns, or anything destructive.

12. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

i think they mean, replace the firing pin with a stamp. This stamp has all that bullshit on it.

13. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Good thing I like revolvers and bolt actions...

14. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

see I was thinking that the serial number and such information would be stamped onto the casing each time the gun was fired and the micro part makes it seem like it could be done using the firing pin to stamp the info into the metal of the primer it already deforms.

15. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

thats what i thought. its not a serial # for the casing, but the serial number of the GUN it was fired from.

thats still a dumbass idea though. ballistic fingerprinting is already "popular" in a few states yet it hasnt helped fight crime.

i need to GTFO of this state :hs:

16. fitz

fitz .

Cliffs: CA sucks

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

thats just sad. it really is. i hate liberals.

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

there are a supprising ammount of loop holes to the law, but yes, overall, this state's laws blow ass

19. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

That's how it's supposed to work.

I read a really long article about this awhile ago. Pretty much it's completely worthless as things wear / markings deteroriate.

Not to mention, who the hell would commit a crime with their own weapon? If you can afford guns legally you aren't the kind of person that's going to rob liquor stores.

20. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

that's too logical for the antis :(

21. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Well that'll never work, we all know the gang-bangers pick up their cases for reloading. That's why taxes on powder and primers go up with every new "safety" law, right?

22. Morelli

Morelli New Member

While you do have a point there, MA gun laws are if not as bad, arguably worse.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw04/sl040150.htm
    http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw98/sl980180.htm
    http://www.fsguns.com/fsg_information.html

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/index.php

The last link is a link to our brothers in MA who have a website like ours at Calguns. What too many people outside of CA do not understand is that CA's commie gun laws that are enacted in 2007, will be up for vote in the rest of the nation 10 years down the road.

And according to the Brady's, MA & CA both share an A- grade regarding gun laws. So we're brother in arms...brother! :naughty:

23. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

I hate this fucking state.