MIL WTF Army Reg?!?!v.Turbo

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SeaMack99, Mar 1, 2007.

1. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Ok I've tore my PCL in my knee almost a year ago and have been on a temp profile everysince. Well everyone has been questioning my fitness status. Well in the next couple of months I'll find out if I get a permanent profile. I was reading 600-8-19 and it states
    But when you read FM 21-20 it says
    Any suggestions on how I deal with this. Everyone I know who is on permanent profile are already promoted, and well its getting about that time for me to put on some stripes and I want to know how this will work.

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Sounds like you don't get promotion points from your APFT score. So you'll have to rack them up elsewhere. You receive a score for your APFT. It just doesn't help for promotion points.

3. the raging enigma

the raging enigma If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidenc

You can get promoted with a permanent profile, you just get the min amount of points. Like Ranger-AO said, you may have to get your points elsewhere. Most of the time, the people that sit in on the boards will see your perm profile and still award you points. They may also look at previous PT cards to see how well you were in the past. If you have a temp profile, you cannot be promoted or go to any schools (WLC).

4. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Well I've already been to the board and WLC. I'm just trying to find ways to add more points, and my damn profile just aint helping none.