wtf am i supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, May 15, 2006.

1. low20

low20 Member

im in such a bad situation right now. me and my gf have beengoing out for a year and seven months. its been great. recently we have been fighting over stupid things and its been getting really old. i know we can work it out but its annoying. so anyway last week she called me up and told me that her dad left and went away for a few days. apparently he needed some time to himself and him and my gfs mom were having some trouble. so this is simply killing my gf. she keeps eevryting to herself, thats how she copes, but it cant be good. since this happened shes been really distant. things seemt o just get worse betwen us and today she broke it off...she said she just cant handle it, she thinks im making it worse, shes totally pushing me away and i cant take it. i feel like shes taking it out on me b//c of her parents. its like im stuck in the middle and have no control over it. i know its gotta be so tough for her but i dont know what to do. i dont want to give up, i know she loves me and i love her but what can i do? this is just not fair. what can i do guys?

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Tell her you will respect her requests, give her the space and time she needs, and make it clear that you are there to support her. You are confident that she loves you, and that you love her...give her what she needs now, later she can then again give the relationship what it needs. Sounds like shes just going thru a rough time and rather not drag you thru the shit shes experiencing right now.

3. low20

low20 Member

this sucks so much...how can i sit back and wait, when i feel like she needs me so much...i dont get why you would push away the people closest to you, when u need them the most

4. tunafizzle

tunafizzle New Member

Well your way of handling problems is to talk it out with other people and look for a solution, her way is to let pass and to deal with it on her own. Don't force your way of fixing a problem onto her. Let her know that you'll support her... and when she actually does talk about the problems she is having, don't offer a solution unless she asks, just give her support. Don't keep trying to make her talk about it, you really would be making it worse for her.

5. low20

low20 Member

i know...shes always been like that and i understand that...i have not forced her to talk about it..actually i really dont ask her about it all that much cause i know she will not want to talk about it, and then i brought it up for no reason and she will be thinking about it...but when i can tell shes really upset it bugs bme cause i want to comfort her and she wont let me i guess...now shs pushing me away as if by making everyone important leave her alone will help somehow...wtf?