SRS wtf am i supposed to do? girlfriends car accident

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deuceforty, May 25, 2008.

1. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

my girlfriend is still dealing with retarded shit from her accident.

her ortho fucked her over and gave her a steroid injection even though it went against everything her primary, AND the ortho had said on her previous visit, he range of motion is STILL cut in half and 2 weeks later the pain has increased.

shes been trying to get a new ortho, but she is getting denied due to it being a motor vehicle accident, not to mention nationwide (the other ladies insurance) took over 2 months to send a check for the value of the vehicle, has not paid for one medical bill, and basically said "pay for everything out of pocket and sue us when you are done"

her insurance cigna just sent her a letter saying basically "wtf are these bills coming from, if this is a motor vehicle accident you owe us everything we have paid"

her lawyer isnt being much help, and basically all they do is tell her to keep waiting.

its been 3 and a half months, she cant sleep at night because she is in so much pain, every day it hurts her to walk, yet nobody will do a surgery or even tell her anything, the ortho with the cortisone injection fucked her over hardcore...

basically the bills and pain keep piling up with no end in sight, she says its ok because here parents are paying for most of it, but she has to pay it back...

its to the point right now where if she got 50k back AFTER lawyer fees she still might owe money for doctor bills.

wtf right?

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

get a new lawyer.

usually doctors (ortho's) don't like to get involved in MVA injuries because everything has to be documented and everything has to be picture perfect in case the doctor is called to court or has to give up documentation.

I say she find a top notch orthopedist in her area and work from there. If she waits any longer to find a new one, things are gonna get worse and doctor's aren't going to want to finish up where another doctor left off.

and why isn't her insurance paying for anything? she can run everything through her insurance, keep all bills/documentation and then run through nationwide (other woman's insurance) as a payback

3. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Insurance will cover it, just not ALL doctor offices will run through insurance and demand out of pocket pay.

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i've never gone to a doctor's office that has never been through an insurance company.

she should find a new doctor

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I was wondering if you were the g/f mentioned in the OP.

What would I do, I wouldn't get permission to go to another doctor, I would set up the appointment myself and go see them. I would NOT take shit from anyone....keep in mind, if you weren't at fault, the insurance company for the other person will have to pay for all reasonable bills. reasonable is the key here this is why an good attorney is worth their weight in gold.

Now one thing that was VERY surprising to me was that eventhough I didn't do anything wrong in my car wreck, I still had to pay all the medical bills. I had $30,000 in medical bills and it was totally NOT my fault.

Now I didn't have the money to pay those bills so I started making payments but I couldn't understand why this was on me, I didn't do anything wrong. Why did I have to pay for my healing/medical care??

Now that I'm on the other side of it, I understand what's happened. The hospital doesn't care about guilt. They aren't the courts....it's not their concern at all. What they care about is that they are providing me with hospital care. Therefore, I have to pay for it....or my insurance does.

Then I had to go after the people that were at fault to collect. I had to sue everyone and work it out in court. Once I had filed a lawsuit, I was able to stop making payments and when the doctors/hospitals called me, I said, "Call my lawyer" and they eventually stopped calling me to make payments.

But it still seems wrong to me. That eventhough I did nothing wrong, I still have to pay. It's goofy but it's the way it works.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Does she not have PIP insurance? I know its required in alot of states...

If so, HER insurance should be paying her medical, and then they deal with the other insurance.