MMA :wtc: Gomi interview

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Pride: How do you feel now?
    Gomi: I want to apologize to the fans and everyone who came to cheer for me.

Pride: What was the reason for your loss?
    Gomi: I didn't train enough. Well, I wanted to make it exciting again but I didn't train enough. It doesn't help to make excuses now. It was a chance for me to gain fans but my body just wouldn't come along.

Pride: You said that your mood would be improved by the time you came to the event. How was it when you were actually in the ring?
    Gomi: I was watching Hansen's fights and I was more relaxed than during the Grand Prix. I was trying to put myself up by watching the fights rivaling mine, like Ishida's and Dan Henderson's, but I haven't done enough work and my body couldn't hide that.

Pride: If your training for previous fights were 100%, how would you rate your training for this fight?
    Gomi: I haven't done anything other that stay in good health. I sparred with Kenji Suzuki because I didn't want my stomach to stick out like Hunt's but that's about it. I wasn't able to train like I did before. It's been 2 months since New Year's Eve and this was my 11th fight in 2 years, so I was tired. I want to gain fans but unfortunately, I betrayed everyone today.

Pride: You looked panicked on the ground after you were taken down. Were you?
    Gomi: Yes. His ground punches aren't as heavy as Hansen's so I was concentrating on getting half-guard. I got it once but the ref didn't stand it up and when I took my chances and moved, I wasn't able to get half-guard again. I didn't want to tap. I felt helpless.

Pride: You were able to escape from the arm-choke once.
    Gomi: Did I? When my neck went to the right, he got both of his legs completely out and my legs were stuck. He had the choke on and I couldn't get back in half-guard.

Pride: Do you think Aurelio was well prepared for you?
    Gomi: Of course, he was. He carried out his plan and didn't make any mistakes.

Pride: You said that you weren't motivated this time. Are you tired?
    Gomi: I want to win 20 fights straight but I stopped at around 10. There's probably some pride in there and mental exhaustion. Both. It's really unfortunate because this is what is resulted in. I think martial arts are interesting and I will recover but I want to rest a little. I don't want to think about anything. I think I've done well for these 2 years. It's been a good lesson. I want to rest a little so I can fight in the BUSHIDO ring against this year.

Pride: After the fight you were just staring at the screen. What were you thinking about?
    Gomi: I wanted to see what had happed.

Pride: Do you feel regret?
    Gomi: Regretful and apologetic. I saw the fans leaving right away and I'm sorry that I let them go home so quickly this time.

Pride: When will you make your return?
    Gomi: When I'm motivated again. I think everyone already knows that I'm a strong fighter.

2. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

3. itslackers

itslackers New Member

He will be back, Aurelio surprised him - Gomi got overconfident in his ability to KO people and avoid takedowns, didnt spend enough time on the ground game. Kind of surprised to see he that he went out to a relatively basic choke.

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

he said it himself, he got overconfident and didn't train hard enough :dunno: sounds like he needs a break to get his head on straight

5. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

gomi bedroom
    [​IMG]

6. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

that belt is huge.

7. Sammo

Sammo New Member

that's pretty cool, I'm always curious what other people's bedrooms are like for some reason :hsughno:

I wonder if he lives in a house with other people or what

8. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

WAR Gomi :rant2:

9. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Vid of this fight?

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Man the Japanese take defeat as not a personal thing but they see it as a disgrace to their entire people. For that, I feel sorry for Gomi because he is ashamed.

BTW he called Mark Hunt fat :mamoru: