GUN Wtb:AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Furner, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Furner

Furner New Member

I know, its the wrong forum, but IMO, this is a better place for it.
    My brother is hooked once he shot my AR, and now he wants an AK. Anybody here have one cheap to sell? I would prefer New or slightly used, but anything good condition with a mag or 2 would be fine. Post, or email me at [email protected] if you have anything.
    Thanks
    Chris

EDIT: He thinks he wants a Romanian type, from what he read on AR15.com, Century Arms has stopped importation of SAR-1's, due to several reasons. Anyone else heard anything about that?

Thanks for the sticky!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

A good starter rifle, but you eventually want to move up to the AR.

3. Furner

Furner New Member

Yeah, its for my bro, hes only 16, he just wants something cheap to shoot out back. Personally, id rather have a AR, but his budget dosnt provide for one right now. Maybe Ill build him one for b-day or xmas

4. Furner

Furner New Member

awesome, thanks

EDIT: FYI-I will be on vacation until the 21st of July, ill be in Winamac, IN at the antique tractor and power show.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2003
  5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I have not heard that they stopped importing the SAR-1's from Romania. I have a 2002 version that is nice, watch our for the older ones, as they may have a canted gas block and front sight. If it is canted, it should still shoot straight, but it will look a bit funny, all the 2002+ models should be ok though. I have a Romanian AK and it is real nice. check out www.ak-47.com for some good info, and www.linx310.nothingbutguns.com for tons of info on romanian AK's.