WRX needs a new system. advice wanted.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tobagator, Feb 11, 2009.

1. tobagator

tobagator But see drugs and plastic thugs, ain't gon change

I have an 02 WRX that has dogshit for a stock stereo, so I am looking to upgrade. I have a Rockford Fosgate punch 360a 2 channel amp that used to power 2 12" subs in my Lincoln. I still have one of the subs, but not sure if it is needed in the smaller subaru cabin.

It uses 6.5" speakers in the door, and also a seperate tweeter location, in the rear it uses 2 4" speakers. All of these components sound terrible and must be replaced.

THe question is should I(can I?) use my amp to power the speakers and a single sub, or would it be better to just let the component speakers handle all of the audio? Also what should my budget look like for a project like this to get a decent set up?

2. HHOTEK

HHOTEK New Member

keep the Rf amp for a sub or 2 and get a good 4 ch to handle the rest and get a descent set of components for the front and coaxials for the back.
    i just helped my buddy do his girls car and with comps up front and the rears with a 4cha amp he spent less than 300 but that was ordering power acoustik online....im gonna get flamed for suggesting power acoustik but its actually good quality for the money,