SRS wrote my exgf a sorry letter.....mistake?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bugoy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bugoy

Bugoy New Member

i was with her for little over a year. it ended pretty badly (you will see from the letter i sent her). This letter explains everything why we broke up. pretty much MOSTLY all my fault.

we've been broken up for about 1.5years now, but we hang out and saw each other bunch of times since the break up.

shes in a relationship now and seems happy from her vacation pics.

here is the letter that i wrote her. i just wanted to get it out of my chest. i feel so much better now, i wonder how she would feel about this. or was it a mistake? im not writing this coz i want her back, more of just getting the guilt out of my chest.

Hey, I know you prolly don’t wanna talk to me or even want anything to do with me….but I just want to get something out of my chest. This might be a year or two late but it’s better than never. I know you’re happy with your current relationship now and I’m happy for you…I just want you to give me a moment and take a minute to read this.

Anyways, first of all, I just wanna apologize on how I treated you and mistrusted you when we were together. I can totally admit NOW that most of it was my fault----but its unexplainable feeling when you started to fall for someone. Trust was the biggest issue and also neediness. And both had my name written all over it.

The trust issue was unfolded this past weekend when I finally found out what “primo” meant. I know some of my Spanish words and I’m shocked how this one slipped away.

When you first told me that your cousin was living with you---I never believed it and that’s when all my trust to ya went to shit. Then that one time when you and I started hanging out again and I dropped you off at your house at 3am----and while we were giving each other a goodbye kiss—a car pulled up, you panicked and all you said was “oh shit! Its PRIMO!” and you ran then stumble to get up the stairs and even left your phone in my car…. since then I always thought you were with someone while we were together. I feel so shitty knowing how someone I cared about could betray me like that. Until this past weekend, I was talking to my boy and out of the blue the word PRIMO was mentioned so I asked what it meant and I couldn’t believe my ears…..and the mistake I made :/

Sorry.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Everyone is going to tell you the exact same thing:
    That letter was completely unnecessary for her to receive. It is very beneficial to sometimes write those exact kinds of letters, but everyone will tell you they are best unsent. Why? Well because it's been a year and a half and that chick has moved on. She's going to read this letter and possibly feel bad...but more throw it away and not care because she's over it.

Oh well, you've sent it. Feel better and move on.

3. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

I got a letter like that from my ex of three years after we broke up. It was very random. The letter actually made me a little happy for her because i felt like she had grown a little bit as a person.

it did not freak me out or anything like that but it was a little odd

it did however help prove to me that we had made the right decision when we broke up

I see no harm in that letter, but nothing to gain either except that it made you feel better. it will really depend on the type of person she is

4. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

does primo mean the cops? i mean, i know its cousin... but still. wtf did she run for. i bet you thought it was her big puerto rican gangster boyfriend Primo

5. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN OT Supporter

shes not going to bother considering about it; unfortunately she is probably not in the same emotional state as you to understand your point.
    letters are typically meaningless; youre supposed to write a letter to help yourself vent, and then trash it a couple days letter. never send that type of stuff

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

let me be the second to disagree

prolly a fine thing to do

7. n9e9o9

n9e9o9 lol OT Supporter

looks good, if you hope for friendly relations, im happy for you

i like how you kept it short and brief

8. Bugoy

Bugoy New Member

spanish culture is really protective over their family.
    even my friend elaborated this for me on how this unfolded. I didnt ask for any reply, but i did send it via myspace so i know if she read it or not. and i just checked and she did.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It seems like it wasn't much of a relationship, if you two couldn't talk about a problem as silly as a misunderstood word. But still, the first few really suck when they fall apart, so...if it makes you feel better and it doesn't make her feel like shit, then all's well.

10. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

wtf is primo

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

my sister says, "you need to work on the communication skills in your relationship if the word 'primo' could end one." :hs:

12. Straycubone

Straycubone Guest

I don't think it was a mistake. And I've heard of a few other people sending post break up letters so its not even that unusual. Don't worry about it.

BTY Its you're not getting something "out of your chest" Your getting it "OFF Your chest"

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I don't think it was a mistake. Admitting you made mistakes and apologizing for them is a very mature thing to do.

14. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I agree.

Besides that. It doesn't relate too much, but my ex gave me a letter (1 page long, front and back) apologizing for the way he acted after I broke up with him and about the things he did wrong. It's been a bit over a month since we broke up. I read it and it stung a little, made me feel bad about some of the things in our relationship. But, I didnt think too much about it, because he was still angry at the time he wrote it and he was looking to make me hurt as much as he did. And he needed closure.
    Anyways, I think it's fine what you did. Just don't expect any letter of apology or anything in return. Just because you've matured and gotten over it doesn't mean she has. I think women react differently on this, depends on the type of girl she is.

15. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

:werd:

When you write letters like that and it was about 1 year or two ago, just burn it, delete it or whatnot.

16. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

i think its a good thing that you wrote the letter, its a good way of letting everything out and venting. i did the same thing when my ex broke up with me, except i never sent it. just dont get your hopes up thinking shes gonna respond to you.

17. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

As long as you didn't send the letter to get back with her or because you have feelings for her still, fine, but something tells me you still want her.

In that case, it probably would have been best to write the letter, but then tear it up.

18. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

I dated a guy for two years and it ended pretty shitty (found out he actually had another "girlfriend" the last couple months we were together, blind love amirite?). Well I haven't seen or spoken to him for a couple years now and one night he called me out of no where to apologize for all the shitty things he did and thanked me for giving him the time to say what he had to. It actually gave me a little closure.

Cliffs: props to owning up and apologizing..I'm sure, in some way, she appreciated it

Edit: I was in a relationship when all of this happened (still am for that matter)