Wrist pain is keeping away from lifting...:mad:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ryan Wiggum, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Wiggum

Ryan Wiggum hadoken

I've been suffering from pain in my right wrist, on the side where the pinky is. Twisting it to a certain degree and bending it hurts. I can't perform a dumbell curl using 25+ lbs. I can't bench without feeling pain in my wrist. I originally hurt it back in early to mid january after playing a game of basketball. I figured it was one of those things that would heal in a few days. 2 weeks went by, and the pain was still present.

I visited a doctor, took an x-ray, nothing broken. He advised to take a break from weight lifting for about 1-2 weeks :(. For one week I wore a splint most of the time and limited the usage of my right hand/wrist. I felt a slight improvement after a little less than a week.

Its been a week and a half, and my wrist hasn't gotten any better since then. I visited the doctor again. He told me to take another 2 week break :eek4: and gave me a bigger splint to wear (this fucking thing covers over half of my forearm).

So, another 2 weeks off from the gym. :mad: I feel like crap for missing almost 2 weeks. I've been keeping my diet in check, maybe I should do some cardio and lose some of that weight i gained over the holidays.

Anyone have suggestions to speed up recovery?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

training your good arm will help maintain strength in your injured arm

3. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

stop jacking off so much

4. Ryan Wiggum

Ryan Wiggum hadoken

So just work out the left side of my upper body? and my legs of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.