Wrist injury...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pakman, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakman

pakman New Member

I'm not sure how I hurt my right wrist, but now whenever I do certain exercises it seems to aggravate it. I can work around it but I can't do certain tricept pull down and most significantly, I can't do my fav tricep exercise... skull crushers :wtc:. When I'm not doing those certain exercises, I pretty much forget about it. So basically it's not bad enough to see a doctor, but it sucks I can't do certain exercises. It's been like this for a few months now, without any sign of improvement. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? BTW it's a sort of sharp pain on the right side of my wrist.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

What exercises hurt it other than skull crushers and tricep pulldowns? IMO, just avoid those exercises for a couple months. do close grip bench, it's the best tricep exercise

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i hurt my wrist at work the other day (wednesday)... thursday it hurt really bad so i wore an ace bandage on it all day, but had to continue doing work with my hands and it was pretty uncomfortable.

Today (friday) my wrist didn't hurt a bit. I took a few days off from working out, and I think lifting would have hurt it more.... I'm still not going to lift anything heavy for a few more days.

4. carlo2343

carlo2343 New Member

i have same problem as you. You cant do bicep curls with the v bar right? You can't do pullups either...amirite?

Went to the doc for this, its some ligament inside the wrist that gets aggrivated and swolen. Avoid those exercises for 2-3 weeks, it'll go away and you can start back up.

5. pakman

pakman New Member

Those I mentioned are pretty much the only ones that really bother it. Whenever I do close grip, I can't go in too close or otherwise it will aggravate it as well. The thing is, I've been avoiding those exercises but there's just no sign of improvement :wtc:

6. pakman

pakman New Member

No... I can do curls with v bar just fine... same with pullups. Just only bothers me during tricep exercises :dunno:

7. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

Wrist Strong awareness bracelet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.