WoW tank macro

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by CodeX, Sep 10, 2007.

1. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I am looking for a macro that, when used, will first attempt to use revenge, if that is not available it will try to use shield slam, if that is not available heroic strike, and finally devastate.

I tried using castsequence but that will only look at the first items CD, the first item being revenge, which is only available after a dodge/block/parry. So when that is not available it will NOT skip it and move on to shield slam, which is what I want it to do, it will just not work.

1000 :bowdown:'s to anyone who can figure it out

2. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

You can't really use that type of macro anymore.

The better thing to do would be to add modifiers to the button for each action.

/cast revenge
    /cast [modifier:shift] shield slam
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] heroic strike
    /cast [modifier:button2] devastate

Click=revenge
    Shift click=shield slam
    CTRL click=heroic strike
    Right click=devastate

The only problem with this is that that button will not show the cooldowns of each skill. You can specify which one you want listed on the button, though, by adding:

#showtooltip REVENGE

or whatever you want there instead.

This was my favorite warrior macro:
    /cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,stance:3] Intercept

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

what about lua scripting? can't be done with that either?

Ill give your stance one a try though thanks.

4. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

The problem with that macro is that GCD and the requirments of Revenge. You will never, ever get to Devastate because it will always queue a Heroic Strike first and it won't pass revenge because of it's requirements.

You could try a cast sequence without Revenge, or revenge at the end and possibly incorporating a reset timer.

/castsequence Shield Slam, Devastate, Devastate, Revenge