WoW Signup Problems

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by RaginBajin, Feb 23, 2005.

1. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

So I got a 10 day pass from a friend of mine and want to try out WoW. I have the game installed and everything seemed to go fine with that, but I can't sign up. Every time I try to sign up, after I put in the code, I get a Tomcat error (see below). I've tried it in both Firefox and IE at home and at work. I also had the beta and have tried to use the "manage account" option from worldofwarcraft.com to see if it will load up that way and I get the same error. I've tried heading to the forums on wow.com, but they seem to be non-existent or having errors.

Is anyone else running into these problems?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet action threw exception
    com.blizzard.wow.web.filter.WelcomeFilter.doFilter(WelcomeFilter.java:47)
    org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:73)
    org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:73)

root cause

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'secretQuestionCacheManager' defined in resource [/WEB-INF/action-servlet.xml] of ServletContext: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'locale' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC connection; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153093376)(ERR=12514)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12514)(EMFI=4)))))]
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:849)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:662)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:270)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:205)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:204)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:136)
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:236)
    org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:284)
    org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.refresh(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:131)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:282)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:230)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:200)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:102)
    javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
    com.blizzard.wow.web.filter.WelcomeFilter.doFilter(WelcomeFilter.java:47)
    org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:73)
    org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:73)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.27 logs.

2. Seachicken

Seachicken New Member

The server was probably just down, try it again?