Wow...Matrix is getting PANNED by critics.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dr_Trac, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Dr_Trac

Dr_Trac doh!@

2. darthmushu

darthmushu Guest

Nope, sorry....

The movie is a TARP!!!!1

3. Dr_Trac

Dr_Trac doh!@

:eek3: it can't be! :wtc:

4. DonnieDanko

DonnieDanko Guest

Free your mind

5. xXVERBXx

xXVERBXx Tungsten Carbide Member

yea, those critics are the same people that rave about movies like LoveActualy :greddy: :barf: more then likely if a critic says a movie is good then is sucks, and if they say a movie sucks then is proly good.

6. Dr. Zoidberg

Dr. Zoidberg the lovable tramp

critics never like the movies i like :hs:

7. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

I preferred Reloaded. Reloaded also had a lot of mythlogical and philosophical links - Revolutions had "Jesus" and that was it.

The film's middle was excellent however, the mechs were superb, the ride to 01 (the machine city) was cool, the unicron style head honcho thing.

Then it started to go downhill. The fight scene was cool - but some of the dialogue was just :ugh:

Then the ending - nothing really resolved, nothing really changed. Why would people choose to leave the matrix to go to live in the **** hole that the real world is?

I would have liked to have seen a lot more action from the machines' perspective. What exactly is their goal? What year is it? What is their command structure? Why do they expend vast amounts of energy keeping the humans warm, feeding them etc when they could get the energy much more efficiently from other sources?

What do the people of Zion actually eat? There have been no plants on the earth for many years, they wouldn't have any seeds to grow any food, and there are certainly no animals? How did the humans get hold of so much technology?

What was the deal with the previous versions of the matrix? MORE INFO PLEASE!

Whatever happened to the Merovingian? Did Smith actually take over every single person in the matrix?

What happens when a baby is conceived inside the matrix? How is it delivered in the real world?

Plot holes like swiss cheese.

At least there wasn't another ******* cave rave.

8. Rhox

Rhox Guest

you're a tool if you care what critics say

9. Rich Uncle Skeleton

Rich Uncle Skeleton Lurker

Its because these critics were probably expecting the best movie ever in the history of movies. Similar situation when Star Wars episode 1 came out. You get excited and expect certain things, and when they dont, you feel let down. No movie like this can ever live up to the hype.

I went to this movie just expecting to be entertained, like any other movie and i got my monies worth.

10. contactone

contactone OT Supporter

I hate it when people tell me that I "didn't get it" when I say I don't like a film. Yet, It took me till I got to my car to understand the end of it all. At that point I really began enjoying it all. Sure, you can understand the end and still not like it, but you have to think about, and understand the end to give it a thumbs up or down.

BTW, if you think that the series had a "jesus" theme to it then yoru really not getting it.

11. DEF

DEF #ringsbeforeall

i remember from the first matrix that they were eating some nasty soup :dunno:

12. KingNothing

KingNothing New Member

Synthetic proteins, amino acids, blah blah blah -- everything the body needs.

13. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

It doesn't have everything the body needs ...

14. Dr_Trac

Dr_Trac doh!@

:rofl:

oh god....quoting the matrix now. :ugh: :rofl:

15. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

what was the theme? it wasnt just a jesus theme, it had a global religion theme. something all religions have together. its mostly eastern religions that talk about 7th day, being the sabbath and the world is re-created. saved from lucifer (smith).

6th zion = smith and neo.
    smith is lucifer creating pain and suffering. neo is god and on the 6th day smites lucifer and thus the 7th day (the sabbath) the next matrix (at the end) is created and the cycle starts over. thats why they said "we will see him in the future"

16. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

:werd:...
    there are so many references to religion...
    basically it is all about Love and balance...

17. CyberBullets

:werd:

18. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

Neo=savior???

19. CyberBullets

not just a savior, but a god. lucifer is smith. remember lucifer put anguish and pain into our world, like smith did. once he was freed (when god put lucifer to human form with the same responcibilities (ala neo killing smith)) he caused even more havok. god on the 6th day saves man, and on the 7th day the sabbith rests.

btw i dont believe in religion at all. i just am entrigued by it.

20. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

neo is not so much god, he is just the one, same with agent smith...
    because Oracle+Architecht(sp?)=god...
    that is why the Oracle is protected by the Wingless One, the prodigal son...

and :werd: on the religion...

21. CyberBullets

i disagree. they dont save the matrix. they just were influences. they may of directed neo to the right path. i think it would be safe to say they were deciples. for all we know, neo could be the same "one" for the other matrixes. u know when the girl asked if they will see neo again, then the oracle said some day in the future.

i believe it is also safe to say that the oracle and architecht would be part of the source. maybe the 3 of them together create the source. when something goes wrong, neo is "reborn" into the matrix. thats why the machines (im assuming here) keep the body. since the machines control the matrix, whenever they need him, they replug him in, thus making the source complete.

im going out on a limb for the 2nd paragraph

22. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

i did not mean that the oracle and arch are the saviors, they are the creators...
    but neo is the savior while agent smith is the destroyer???
    The Source=everything yet nothing...
    noone makes up the source but the source makes up everone...
    IBcliche...

23. CyberBullets

i see what you are saying. like in easter religions, budhism, hinduism, tauism, zhen, (i believe, ds3 can correct me if im wrong) everything is linked. most religions are like that. we all have a linking together, is some way or form.

wow. your right.

24. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

the fact that it has just been brewing in my mind since our post whoring started kinda amazed me too...
    i did not think that the third one was deep as the others, but i am coming to find that they are all part of an equation...
    that is the way they wanted it to be seen yet they also had the side of Love...
    so it is part logic part emotion???

25. CyberBullets

yes. the programs just found out about love at end beginning of the 3rd matrix. they know what love is, but cant express physically, only though materialistic ways (giving the girl a chance so they sacrifice themselves).

but that is also logical too. get rid of the old programs (the powerplant became useless im assuming, so those 2 programs werent needed) and bring is something better. a program that can help control human emotions, or more specifically, love.