(WoW) Mannoroth taken down because of massive gold duping

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Kaitian, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Kaitian

Kaitian New Member

Apparently some gold duper got wind of an exploit in the game and duped millions of gold and distributed it out to many people. Blizzard stepped in and banned/suspended many of those that recieved the free gold or took advantage of the exploit in the system. The details aren't clear how it happened really. But they went on a massive deleting spree on the Mannoroth subforum @ WoW's forum.

2. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse New Member

Oh sheeeeet!

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yeah, Bliz from time to time lays the smack down on accounts. There was once a Maruadon dupe like a year or so ago and lots of ppl got banned for that.

Then I think I remember, over the summer where something like 70,000 accounts were cancelled for some form of cheating, duping, exploiting or w/e....but I could be wrong about that number. I remember it was really large tho.

Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical about them doing this. I mean I think they could be actual blizzard accounts then bliz has these huge numbers to say LOOK!!! We hate dups, etc....but man, I know soo many ppl that have bought gold from time to time it isn't even funny. Oh yeah....and Elvis DOES live....I saw him at 7-11.

4. Flameboyant

Flameboyant Member

did people who just recieved the duped gold get in trouble?

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Bliz has said in the past that it's difficult to do that unless it's "obvious" the recipient is part of the scam.

In all honesty, I don't think bliz gives a crap about people buying gold or w/e. Think about it....all the game info is stored in a database....they could easily find out who's buying and selling gold and ban them, they would just need to look for large transfers of gold with nothing else coming back to the seller.

They don't care because these people are still paying a monthly fee to play.

6. DPoon

DPoon .

Wow, im like way behind, but your misinformed on how people recieved thousands of gold

7. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

i play on that server now!

8. DPoon

DPoon .

really? so do I