WoW krewe, i have a shaman question

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by superloserus, Jul 7, 2007.

1. superloserus

superloserus New Member

im going full tilt on my shamans enhancement tree, supposed to make them a little warrior like. what attributes should i be looking for on my armor and weapons? i would figure strength and stamina maybe but im still new to this shit. any help would be appreciated.

2. fakeyfakerson

fakeyfakerson OT Supporter

shaman arent tuned end game for enhancement, but i heard it's good for leveling. same stats as a war, strength, agi, stam

3. BCKane

BCKane KPS 99

grab agi too. Enhace is good for lvling and pvp (if your not a healer). What lvl are you?

4. superloserus

superloserus New Member

im only like level 22 so i have a ways to go yet. i havent done any pvp at all with any of my characters.

5. Ninjak

Ninjak a REAL clutch pop-up.

str,stam and int is best for shaman. agi is a nice bonus for crits. go dual wield with 1h maces or axes.

6. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

my shaman just hit lvl 48 (alliance) and im leveling enhancement. enh is the best way to level, imo.

i go for str, stam & agi. as soon as i got the ability to use a 2H at lvl 20 i was using smite' mighty hammer from deadmines (2H Mace). Use Rockbiter on most mobs and Flametounge on high-armour mobs.

when looking for a 2H weapon:
    - you want it to be slow (at least 3.4 speed, above 3 second swing time is good because windfury is on a 3 second cooldown)

once you get lvl 44 (dual wield + 3% chance to hit, you dont want to DW until you got that exta 3% cuz you will miss with your offhand a lot) you can start dual wielding.
    - weaposn should be between 2 and 3 attack speed in both main hand and offhand.
    - i use windfury on my mainhand and rockbiter on my offhand, i find its the combo that works best while grinding.

if you plan on pvping:
    - use a 2h on clothies, i usually insta-kill them in 1 hit if windfury procs
    - dw or 1h/shield on melee but i dont really recommend using a shield.

stick with shaman... its the most fun ive had in wow (formally played a mage). although i plan on going restoration at 70... one day, maybe enhancement wont be worthless at 70.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask

7. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

LoL rockbiter :ugh::ugh:

Oh and if you are dw spec why did you waste points in 2 hand mace and axe?

8. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

windfury is on a 3 sec cooldown anyway, whats the point of dual windfury?

9. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

You used to be able to use Windfury 4 on MH and 3 on OH, for instance. Flametongue gains from spell dmg, so if you have lots it's not a bad choice. I don't know of they fixed it, but Flametongue's dmg is based off of weapon speed and if you had FT on your offhand it would calculate it's damage off of the MH weapon speed.

Enhance shamans are NOT useless in raiding. Have you ever seen the damage a group of 3 rogues a fury warrior and an enhance shaman can put out? Windfury totem is godly. Plus Strength of Earth totem and the attack power buff you give to the entire group when you crit. And Heroism/Bloodlust. Enhance shamans rock in a melee group, period.

10. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Actually if you have alot of spell damage use frostbrand. At 60 on my shammy with some enhancement gear and the rest spelldamage i could get frostbrand doing 500 damage each and they proc off eachother. I would have at times about 6 frostbrands popping up on my screen.

Oh and DW windfury works fine you can have them proc at the same time but the same weapon can't proc more than 3 seconds. So your MH can proc then your OH at the same time.

11. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Last time I played my shammy I was always using Windfury/Flametongue. I'd use Frostband on offhand for PVP for the occasional slow effect.

12. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

i dont have any spell damage though.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil'jaeden&n=Delirious

13. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Well, nothing at all wrong with dual windfury if you are dual wielding.

14. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

it only procs once every 3 seconds even if its on both weapons

15. R4NS0M

R4NS0M New Member

I got up to 69 on my shaman before I just had enough of WoW, but it is a really fun class. Played enhancement, but at one point tried enhancement/elemental, and for 60-69 I was enhancement/resto. Not really a standout shaman, but I've done ok, and had fun.

For pvp'ing, the 2h on clothies is solid, and something suggested to me and I did ok with was 1h & shield when fighting rogues, 1h w/ flametounge & shield when fighting paladins and protect-spec warriors. Seemed to work for me.

Also, totem choices changed between all fights, you'll learn when to drop different ones depending on opponents. Defending nodes in Arathi Basin is a good place IMO to learn, especially when you get one or two attackers. Also, I'd often ghostwolf when defending in AB, rogues would often waste a sap or some other cooldown, and then you'd just shift back to your normal form; you didn't shift out of the sap or whatever... bear with me, has been a while since I've played and I don't remember exactly what cooldown it was.

16. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

I have a 51 troll shammy, 0/17/24 split with the rest of the points going into resto. i think resto is the easiest spec for leveling if you're lucky enough to have an instance team like me lol. I wanted the 17 points in enhance for pvp/bg's, and its worked out really well. I'm pretty good with pve too, can handle 2-3 guys within 1-2 levels of me at once. just make sure you have gear for whatever situation you're in.

oh and for the original question
    str for attack power and dmg
    agi for melee crit
    sta for hp
    those should be your main focus with enhance, with maybe a couple things with int on them too so you can actually use your spells and shit

17. Hum

Hum OT Supporter

I'm leveling an enh shaman right now (lvl 54), and the mail itemization completely sucks for it. Most of the stuff hardly have strength on it. I'm still wearing legs/shoulders from SM, and a lvl 39 BOE blue chest piece. Seems like there is no upgrade until 60. There's some ok stuff in Maraudon though.

Farm SM to hell btw. Make sure you get the helm/shoulder/legs. It will last you a long time.

18. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

good gear in st and better in brd. T0 items in the latter

oh and get 20 wsg marks at 39 so you can get the level 40 epic bracers, they're awesome.

19. R4NS0M

R4NS0M New Member

I'm pretty sure I used that same 39 BOE chest, all the way to 60. And now I've had the same chest from 60 to 69.

20. Hum

Hum OT Supporter

which chest are you using?

And got any recommendations for some 60+ BOE armor or quest rewards, that would be good for a while?

21. R4NS0M

R4NS0M New Member

22. Doram

Doram New Member

Leatherworking has some pretty cool stuff for enhancement shaman. Depending on what your looking to do (end game pvp/pve), Hit is a very important stat to stack, more so than the rest imo.

23. Hum

Hum OT Supporter

lol, yeah I have that totemic rage chest too. It was so cheap...but I realized why. Because one of the outlands quests offers a comparable chest as a reward.

24. R4NS0M

R4NS0M New Member

Yeah, I did the quest after I got that chest and had stuck +stamina on it. Can't remember why I didn't ditch the chest, may have been the quest reward NPC'd for more :hs:

25. Josepi

Josepi HA HA, I CHANGED MY AV

I miss playing my shammy...then all the nerfs came. :wtc: