wow. it's amazing how quickly a girl can become unattractive

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hsugh knight, Jul 13, 2008.

1. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

went on a date last night with a girl who i thought was cool.

on the way there we're just joking around and shit, and everything seems to go smoothly. we're sort've going back and forth about which place to eat at, until we finally decide on something somewhat fancy, which i sort've disagree with because i'm just wearing shorts and my tapout shirt at the time :hs:

anyway, we make our way in and banter continues. waitress asks what we want for drinks and i say "heine" and she goes, you mean Heineken? and im like, ya. I also decide to order my food right then and there because i see something i like. the girl also orders.

as soon as i put my menu down, my date makes this face :squint: and goes:

"you realize we're not a bar right?"

me: :hsugh:

her: you don't call a HEINEKEN, a Heine

i laugh it off, and go sure sure. (strike one)

and then she goes again :squint:

"it'd also be nice if you wait for me to decide what I want before you just order your stuff" (strike two)

:ugh:

now i realize some chicks confuse cunt like or bitchy behavior with being "sassy" but still :ugh2:

Again, i play it off by laughing and go:

"are you sure this isn't some kind of hidden camera show? cuz you're starting to freak me out :hsugh:"

her: :rofl::rofl:

me: :o

she backs off a bit and we go back to our banter but I can't help but think she reminds me of my mom.

afterward we drive back to my old elementary school and hang out at the playground and walk around for two hours.

out of nowhere she asks: "so what's your five year plan"?

:eek3:

I basically made up some shit and bid her fairwell :o

that's my story.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

so she gave off the 'I'm high maintenance" vibe? Eh, good riddance.

3. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

The heine thing is a bit nit-picky, but not a deal breaker.

"it'd also be nice if you wait for me to decide what I want before you just order your stuff"

I don't see how that's unreasonable. I've never been out with dates or friends where one ordered when somebody else wasn't ready. The waiter/waitress takes all of the orders at the same time. By doing that, you made her feel rushed.

As for her reminding you of your mom, well, there's nothing to be done about that. That's a legit gripe, but not a strike against her. Just an incompatibility. This girl doesn't seem "uncool" from your story :dunno:

4. fray

fray New Member

Actually, it sounds like both of your behaviors were a little off, especially considering you should've been trying just a little to impress her since it was your first date. The heine thing... eh, it's a fancy restaurant, but not your choice, I'll let it go. Ordering when she's not ready is just inconsiderate. The 5-year plan, she probably was already done with the date in her mind or thought you didn't seem like her type, so just wanted to finalize that in her mind.

Anyway, not all dates are supposed to work out anyway. Try again with someone else. :dunno:

5. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

lol 5 year plan. "Oh, I plan to work at micky D's and smoke pot all day" Whats your plan?

6. jonno

jonno New Member

ordering food before she had even decided on what she wanted was kinda rude

7. City

City Don't you know who I am?

So I'm going to guess that you had no intention of seeing this girl any further from the second you said "Heine"?

She doesn't sound like she is the most pleasant person in the world if she did in fact make the :squint: faces, but come on. You just order without saying anything to your date? Calling a beer by a nickname? Childish. Sounds like you had NO plans to even show this girl a nice time out. Amateur hour, son.

8. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

i didn't consider it a date-date. she was in my marketing class, and i'm like, hey wanna hang out sometime? on my end, it was a get-to-know you dealio :o

9. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

The "Heine" comment was a little bitchy, but I can definitly see where she was coming from with the ordering thing, thats kinda rude on your part.

Either way, after having a nice date (save those 2 things) and obviously having lots to talk about (at the playground for 2hrs) she says ONE thing (the five year plan comment) and thats it? :ugh:

Was there anything else about her that made you decide you didnt want to see her anymore, or was it just these things?

10. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

it was the overall vibe.

she was acting overly familiar, like we'd been married for 20 years with the way she was talking to me (criticism and whatnot), and that freaked me out :hsd:

11. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

she also called me a pussy for quitting my last job and not giving them the real reason :o

12. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

How did she criticise you? What did she criticise you about?

13. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Well, she was probably right. So you didnt like her because she called you out? :hsugh:

14. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

so you actually think it's appropriate to "call out" people and list their personal faults on a first date? :hsugh:

15. jonno

jonno New Member

i think she just made it obvious she wanted a strong man and it was somewhat of a test

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

excellent example of why a man should never get his feelings involved or worry about "Am I good enough for her"

even though she is physically attractive, once you actually spend time with her you may hate her guts

but many guys just go by the physical and in their minds build her up to be the "perfect girl" which leads to desperate and needy behavior on his part

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

oh and dinner dates ftl

18. jonno

jonno New Member

but i like to eat :(

19. City

City Don't you know who I am?

Well, sounds like you're both lacking in the "Dating 101" department. Doesn't sound like you, especially, even wanted to be on the date. You were the one that wanted to hang with her and then acted like that? I don't know if it is inexperience or a complete disregard for other people but I think you need to focus on what Mom taught you about how to treat a lady on a date and maybe grow up a little.

20. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

then eat before you go on the date. It's much more practical to do some kind of activity.,..at least that way, if the other person sucks, you can focus on the activity, and not just have an awkward silence.

The reason dinner dates suck for first dates is simple: Many many women use them to get free dinner from many many guys who simply don't know any better.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I don't think she was acting unreasonable. It was a high class place and she didn't want to feel embarrassed. She's probably not into you romantically, but she's comfortable around you, even if it's a little too much, so she'd probably make a cool friend.

22. mooses

mooses OT Supporter

Sounds like you didn't have any interest in her in the first place. Ordering right away without even asking her? Seriously? Have you ever taken a girl out before? You left with the impression she is an uptight bitch, while she left thinking you are a god damn hick. She just threw the 5 year plan out there because she already knew you were going no where and needed a way out, fast.

23. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Call out, yes. List personal faults, no, but you didnt say she did this. Saying "Youre a pussy for lying to your old job" doesnt sound like listing someones personal faults to me.

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

nothing wrong with eating as PART of the date

but dinner as THE ENTIRE DATE is lame and played out and boring for her

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's fine.

Yeah that was kinda weird on your part, especially on a first date.

Memorize this line: "Do you know what want?" If she says no, you don't order yet unless she says "nah, go ahead." And this applies when you're out with friends, too, if you're sitting at the same table.

Brilliant line. Game saved + bonus point.

They say guys marry their mothers :squint:

Holy power-seeking gold-digger alert. Abort! I probably would've said "in 5 years I hope to have my pre-nup finalized."