SRS wow...I may be out of debt very very very sooon!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, May 9, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I'm happy as heck!

I want to save my money instead of payin these damn credit cards and loans out. I can't wait...

Only thing was I had to ask my parents for help. They gave me a lecture for a good 2hrs and what not but it wasn't bad and i guess it was deserved....I just can't be spending like I once was.

But its not like I'll be out of the clear completely cause I'll still have to pay back the amount (that I am borrowing) to my parents but with no interest. And It'll be at a better monthly lesser amount.

Still Happy!!! Time to start saving money and making bank! lol:)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

That's honestly great news. Im just wondering what where the key factors of you being able to get out of this debt, what where the most important break-thru's, i wanted to know if you used any of the advice out of the 'get out of debt' that i made in the asylum wisdom thread(don't mind if you didn't but just want to know) and/or what kind of advices given especially in here or from your parents where groundbreaking for you getting out of this debt, along with the key advices and the particular help that people/the debt thread or your parents gave you.

I hope you'll post because your experiences can help other people too :wavey:

3. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey New Member

That's awesome!! :h5:

It's been a long 2.5 years, but my husband and I will finally be debt free at the end of this month. It's a wonderful feeling knowing now that all of our money is ours and we can start saving.

4. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

Now go hide those cards so you don't fill 'em up again!

5. level99

level99 Guest

Cancel all the cards

6. Guz200sx

What was ground breaking for me was opening up my account online and seeing - 0 - for savings and barely anything for Checking. And then just thinking that I am turning 30 years old:o :ugh: :( Next Tuesday and
    I don't have any savings. I used to have savings, granted not a lot but it was something and now I have none and its a shame.

I am Basically living paycheck to paycheck with no savings which is very sad.

What I am doing to get out of debt is basically just asking my parents to help me which was hard in itself and it was also hard for them to give me their hard earned money. I will be paying it back though. It doesn't make them feel any better but I will be doing so.

But I'll be able to save a little now, have some more breathing room and slowly build up that savings account again.

Some basic advice that I got from people here and my parents was to basically eliminate the credit cards and other unneccessary expenses such as eating out often & splurging on unneccessary items...

7. Guz200sx

Yes. Even if I wanted to have Credit cards, I can't. My credit is lil bit messed up.

What i'm lookin/thinkin about now is possibly moving back home with my parents. My parents want me back. And they make good points too.....I would be saving about $800 on rent/utilities alone....thats more money that can go into my savings. But i am unsure about all of that now.

The BIG thing is I would have to move back home and give up my "Privacy"

Right now I am living by myself with my two cats, lol, and I would have to give all that up. No cats, no apartment, no privacy........Giving up my cats seems to me like a defeat in my eyes. I adopted two pets to take care of them and If i moved back home I would have to give them back or give them to someone else and then that means I couldn't take care of them...:(....pretty sad if u ask me.

Plus another aspect i am lookin at now is that women don't want guys who live with their parents. My parents for some reason don't get that though.

I dunno.....this is goin to be the hard part now.

8. XPX

XPX New Member

nice, nothing beats that feeling

9. Neelz

Neelz Guest

Debt is the worst of all things. It sucks. Really. I am looking forward not to collect any dept.

10. Guz200sx

Only thing I can stress is do not mess with credit cards.

Also Loans, especially the ones for school, are horrible. I know a lot of them are needed but if you don't absolutely have to take a loan then don't do it. Find another way to pay for school.

Those were my two mistakes.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Poor kittahs.

12. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

i feel sorry about the cats too :( , are your parents really unwilling to take them in?

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

WOOT!!! :h5: Congrads babe!!

That's so super awesome and I am ridiculously jealous :bowdown:

Good luck with the kittahs-
    oh, and don't worry about the ladies, you're doing what you need to do to get yourself back on track and besides being uber responsible, a man who takes control of his life and does the right thing is very attractive

Yay Guz! :cool:

14. Guz200sx

They said I could bring them and keep them their but i don't think it would be a good fit.

I would be living in the basement basically and its not the biggest basement....their space to roam around down their would be very limited. Plus these kittahs get into everything and they climb everywhere and their is a lot of stuff that wouldn't be moved and that they could get into and possibly break.

My parents also wouldn't them upstairs like in the living room cause they have leather couches. My mom doesn't like pets anyway.

15. Guz200sx

i have an interview lined up on tuesday (my birthday) with a Hotel that my friends sister hooked me up with so maybe i'll have a part time job soon or maybe even a new full time....we'll see.