WoW crew v. Uther

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Los, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Los

Los Active Member

Whut up princess. Anyone on this server?

General Questions

Its seems that when you rest, you get more double xp time with each hour or whatever real life time increment you take. So "hypothetically" you can spend three days away and get a HUGE xp bonus in your grind, right?

I'm playing Alliance. What are some good areas for mining?

How do you make and keep lots of money?

What are some classes that I should consider with my other 9 slots? Thanks!

2. Hum

Hum OT Supporter

yeah, that's why you log out in cities/inns. But you can only get a max of 1 1/2 levels worth of rested XP.

3. Los

Los Active Member

anyone else?

4. kott0n

kott0n Pick that shit nga.

There a mining nodes everywhere.

Keep your find minerals on and look around the base of mountains or hills.

As far as keeping money, try to get the most levels out of your gear. Do research on good drops for your class so you dont have to be buying to much gear. Profressions make you a ton of money if you know how to do it/willing to do it and have the right professions. For instance Im playing a 53 priest and I can skin all of BRD on a run and make about 20g just in that one run which I would be running anyways.

Try to sell your shit on AH first, even if its just for 50s more then what the vendor will give you.

If you want to be a bad ass in wow, do not re roll. Do not use your other 9 slots. Make one char/class and rock it, they are all strong if played right.

Have fun

5. Los

Los Active Member

I've been using thotbott.com for some basic research. But honestly, I'm not sure on WHAT I'm looking for. I'd like to get some solid armor (chest and shield) so I don't have to upgrade as much. Right now, I'm spending a good 5g an upgrade and I've been upgrading around every two levels.

I've been doing the AH but really just for minerals; I try and undercut the supply by at least a gold or so, but make the difference substantial enough to where people will buy mine first. Now its just really about finding spots all over the map to get the stuff (Mining is it for me; though I'd like to boost my blacksmithing so I can create armor and sell it).

I have a lvl 24 Paladin that I've been working on. I have started on a Tauren Warrior (lvl 6) and a Night Elf Hunter (lvl 4). But the Paly is where it's at for me.

Any other suggestions?

6. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

for level 24 perfect place is dusk wood. Quest stacking can be golden here.

7. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Duskwood is great for mining - the area just west of darkshire will have some quality nodes most of the time, but level 24 might be a little too low for most of the monsters in that area.

I suggest never buying armor upgrades at the AH - but invest a few gold for a weapon upgrade if you need it.

Skinning and Mining or Herbalism will make you the most gold. But most people take one of the crafting professions for quality gear that you don't have to raid for.

When selling stacks of minerals or skins on the AH don't undercut a gold or so - undercut 1 silver. That way yours is still the cheapest, but you're still making good profit from it.

Paladins are mostly good for just healing at higher levels (best in the game IMO) so if you want to heal a lot keep going pally, but if you want to do damage go rogue, mage or warlock. Hunters are ok too.

My advice: re-roll an alliance warlock on Frostwolf. I'll be able to help you learn the class and help with questing, instances, etc if I'm on.

8. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I'm rolling a druid right now.

I've always wanted one. In terms of overall fun, it looks like that it would be the least boring at 70 due to the many rolls a druid can fill... healer, rogue-like dps, tank, heal... i originally rolled a mage and at 70 he was alright... but i got bored of doing nothing but damage and being the raid water bitch.

4 classes in one, can't be beat really.

9. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

3 classes not 4.

you said healer twice...

10. Jek

Jek 1 OT Supporter

caster also, boomkin

11. Daria

Daria New Member

I play for like 2 hours a night if I'm lucky. I've never played a character on non-rested XP past level 30 I think. But my friends that play all the time level a buttload faster than me even with my rested. Keeping up with them is not an option.

12. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Glider

13. Daria

Daria New Member

What's a glider?

14. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

A bot that basically kills things for you while you are not at the computer... if you get caught using it, though, you will be banned

15. Los

Los Active Member

:eek3: I'd love to have one of those.

16. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

17. Daria

Daria New Member

haha no my friends don't use bots. they work for the US army and currently don't have any work assigned to them (one's a mechanic, and all the gear is in Iraq), so all they do is play WoW all day.

18. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

No, I meant for you to use it to catch up.

19. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

So wait, how do they know, person is using a glider?

20. kott0n

kott0n Pick that shit nga.

Well for starters if you read the Terms of Service it says blizzard can monitor process on your computer, that alone is enough.

Not to mention if a Game Manager ever messaged you in game you would not respond.

21. BrandoSabbins

BrandoSabbins New Member

You can set the glider to respond to GMs.

Or, you can sit next to the pc while it's gliding (playing 360 or something) and if someone were to speak to you, you'd be able to respond.

22. Hum

Hum OT Supporter

I wonder if you could set it up so if you get a PM, glider sends a text msg to your phone, or some kind of alarm on your pc.

23. BrandoSabbins

BrandoSabbins New Member

It makes a loud noise if there is any contact, whether it be a whisper, guild chat, party chat, or a say.

There is another program that does let you use a sort of remote connection with glider, so if you're at a computer, you can respond

24. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Yes, you can set it up for text messages, email, etc. And remote control via another computer