WoW Crew need help leveling ver. 42

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Los, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Los

Los Active Member

I did SM with a party that didn't include a lvl 70 and the gains were good but the progress was slow. Any suggestions on where I should go to group grind or solo grind?

2. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

OMG a 70 in SM?? That's rediculous.

Don't grind...run the quests. You'll get money, XP, lewt and faction ratings for completing them. IMO it's much faster than simply grinding away....which gets insanely boring after about 10 minutes.

If you want to speed up your questing, be sure to check out www.thottbot.com and enter the quest name. Usually they'll give coordinates to where you need to go. To see coordinates, you need a mod like cosmos or ctmod. I like ctmod the best. It's free and safe so be sure to d/l it.

You'll be 70 in no time.

Oh and when you get sick of questing, go on instance runs. At 42 you can hit up SM, Uldamen pretty easily. Mid 40s go to Maraudon, then on to Sunken Temple and others. As soon as you hit 58, go to outland. It's so much easier to level there and the money kicks ass. I won't even mess with EPL anymore....it's just not worth it.

If you aren't in a guild, get in one with players your same level. You'll be able to quest an instance with them and you'll all work your way up very quickly.

3. Los

Los Active Member

A buddy of mine and I are in the same guild. We're actually the high level guys who run the quests for everyone else. Having a 70 run SM for one or two people is actually pretty common on Uther. I realize you do get a bit of xp for questing; however, some quests just aren't worth the hassle?

I dunno. Any solo grinding tips if I choose that option?

4. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

If you get reliant on a 70 to take you through the instances then you will suck at playing your character when you actually get to 70 and you won't be invited on raids. You'll cause wipes and get a bad rep and generally the hardcore guilds will stay away from you. I've seen it before, plenty of times.

It's much more beneficial to you to learn your character and how to play it effectively with other characters that are similar to your level. It's only after you're in really close calls that your skills are tested. High end raiding requires skills. Don't shortcut the learning process because you're in a hurry to get to 70 like all the big kids.

Oh and quests give more than a "bit of XP". I agree there are some that aren't worth it. Generally you can skip most of the "FedEx" quests...those that tell you to take this bag of shit to some person you've never heard of. However, you should NOT skip the other quests.

Don't discount those faction points....they are very important later in the game and you get more from completing quests that other stuff. Trust me dude....I've played this game since late beta. I know of which I speak.
    Sure....google. there are all kinds of leveling guides and some you have to pay for. However, there are some really good ones for free.

General grinding tips tho, kill stuff that's at least your level and perhaps 1 or 2 higher than you. that will provide the maximum return.

5. Los

Los Active Member

That's why I spend time grinding and doing party grinds in various areas while collecting stuff like ore and loot. I realize that in order to be a competent ninja, one must learn to be a shadow before teaching others.

6. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

right but you are better served by getting in 5 man pick up groups without a high level and learning how to survive, my very young apprentice. lol

7. BrandoSabbins

BrandoSabbins New Member

8. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Played since beta and gives shitty advice.

Ideally you grind your level or below. Faster kills, less downtime, less money spent on water/food, more profit.

After grinding all the way to 70, (yes, only grinding), it is the best way to go.

However, questing is still the best bet. Especially quests that say Go kill 50 of these. The ones that make you deliver something to the other continent are usually crap unless there is a reward that you need.

9. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

I thought about mentioning the different schools of thought just to keep asshats like you quiet. Everyone has their preferred method of grinding...so go fuck your mom....everyone else has. lol

10. inter

inter SOON

Grinding below your level has the highest return. Period.

11. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Oh noes, ethug...faggot.

You're wrong, plain and simple. The only other school of thought is:

Let me grind on shit above me so I can make this boring ass grind take even longer.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  12. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

:lupie:
    Surrounded by idiots....I'm right, you're wrong arguments sux, especially when the other person is so convinced they are right. pfft

13. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

You're the only idiot that believes the nonsense that you are spewing.

14. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

:ugh:

15. marvd00d

marvd00d Gonzalez>Swine Flu

get joanas lvling guide if your horde, its awesome

16. Daria

Daria New Member

I agree with this, but along with grinding, you also have a higher chance of getting epic drops from regular mobs. When the cap was 60, two of my friends grinded the whole way, no quests, and I did all questing. One friend found 5 epics, the other friend found 3. I found one :mamoru:

17. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

But didn't you read....earlier in this thread someone said I didn't know what I was talking about. How can you possibly be so rebellious??

18. inter

inter SOON

Questing IS the best way to go, but if you're going to grind, you want to do it on mobs at your level or 1-2 below.

19. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

shut up your face

20. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Well said, /agree

...and to the OP, do the quests... just do them. You will get more experience per hour than grinding (I know, I have a meter that tells me my xp/hour, and I have 2 70's) no matter where you are grinding, you will get a ton of money, and you will get faction rep at the same time. Grinding is boring and slower. Use thottbot, get a mod that shows coordinates, type in the quest name into thottbot, scroll down to the comments and look for a coordinate, go there, kill things, finish quest easy, make 100,000 exp/hour

21. wetwillie

wetwillie New Member

I hope you have an AV cuz everyone hates me. :rofl:

22. Loryk

Loryk Elite Member OT Supporter

quest

23. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

been grinding only since friends and family. stick to stuff at or slightly below your level. lvl 42, hit up turtles on the beach in tanaris, then move on to ogres in feralas, then nagas in feralas then ghosts in azshara

24. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

^^ this guide for alliance and joanas for horde were the best ways for me to level up. Not boring like simply grinding and you never get the feeling that you are doing a worthless quest like you sometimes do when you just do all the quests in one zone and move on.

25. Los

Los Active Member

What days of teh week should I sell shit?