Wouldn't come out of sleep, time/date reset, and wireless key not saved...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Mar 25, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

My girlfriend's 15" PowerBook is acting weird. She usually leaves it in sleep mode. Today she went to use it and it wouldn't come out of sleep. It was plugged in. The power button wouldn't bring it out of sleep or fully power it off. So I had to pull the battery.

When I turned it on, the time and date were wrong-- set back to 1969. And it could see the home wireless network, but the security key wasn't saved. I entered the key and the date and time updated from the Internet. I then rebooted again and it didn't keep the security key again. I did check 'save key' or however it's worded.

Anyone know what would cause this? I'm thinking the internal battery might need to be replaced since the time and date reset, but I don't understand why the security key isn't being saved.

2. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

shurgs, ibooks/ powerbooks use the battery as the system battery from what i recall, so removing it resets the date. As for the wireless key, no clue.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

anyone replace an internal battery before? How hard is it?

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

5. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

I know that when I had my battery die completely one time (aka the same thing as pulling it while the comp is on) when i turned the computer back on the date and time were gone. As for the wireless password i have no clue.