would you pay ~$2k more a bit more gadgets?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by d0rkus, Mar 1, 2006.

1. d0rkus

d0rkus I has a booger. OT Supporter

I'm looking/searching to get a Mazda 3 S, either a Touring or the GT and i'm not sure if i want to pay the extra now after i've had awhile to think about it.

Mazda 3 S Touring Hatchback comes with
    (standard)-cloth interior, 17" wheels, power windows/locks, front side-impact air bags, side-impact airbags, etc etc, i can go on but no biggie.
    and the option 5-spd auto & moonroof/6cd package is MSRP $20,015

while the 3 GT has a cost of $22,010 MSRP, with the 5spd and moonroof/6cd package.
    noticable difference is, LED clear lens taillights, rain sensing front windshield wipers, xenon HID lowbeam headlights, automatic on/off headlights, auto climate control, leather trimmed seats/door panels, heated front seats, driving info system(trip computer), tire pressure monitoring system and anti-theft security system and V rated instead of H rated tires.

the reason i'm re-thinking this is because i can find the S touring w/ those two options (w/ the color i want)pretty easily while just finding a GT w/ auto with barely any options is harder to find.

did the edmunds/tmv pricing and people are paying ~$19500 for the Touring and ~$21350 for the GT

2. JubjubRSX

JubjubRSX New Member

alot of those options would drive me nuts to be honest the auto windshield wipers, but some are worth it i put mobileguardian in my car ran me bout 1g i think it was and dropping another bout 1300on a HID (projector retrofit) kit in the next week.....so its do you want those options cause 2g wont make much difference on the final montly payment price.......your in elk grove goto the acura dealer there and get a pretty RSX! MMMMM hehe what i did :big grin:

3. psyphre

psyphre User #58, OG ftw. XBL/IG - davzilla77

Are the motors the same? My sister didn't get the GT and kind of regrets it now, she wants more power.

4. RayC

RayC Don't 'cha wish your offense was hot like me???

I would pay the extra $2000

It's funny I ran into this thread, I've been checking out Mazda 3's online too, and I'm planning on buying a hatch sometime during the summer. Someone mentioned on here before that getting the leather option was a bad idea, since the grip wasn't that great on the driver when they test drove it.

5. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

The motors on the S and GT should be the same.