Would you get water cooling?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AndySHmandy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. AndySHmandy

AndySHmandy New Member

How much would you pay to equip ur comp with water cooling? I'm still afraid of something leaking....if that happens :noes:
    scuuuured

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

if i could afford it, i would spent a lot. just cause i would want stuff that was sexy and a good performer. But you can do watercooling for decently cheap.

I have a D-Tek Spiral waterblock, D-Tek Pro120 radiator (modded chevette heatercore), Danger Den Maze4 GPU block Danger Den Chipset Z NB block, and a Hydor L30 pump. Most of this stuff isn't the greatest stuff but it works fine. probably just over $250 canadian. but got a really good deal on a few parts.

And leaking isn't a big problem as long as your not careless and make sure everything is tight as hell.

3. Juvenall

Juvenall What Would Juvie Do?

I actually have a custom Sony Vaio RA828G. The entire RA line is water cooled and I don't think I could ever buy or build a new computer that isn't. How quiet the whole thing is is simply amazing.

I had the same fear about leaking too, but as I understand it, it's very, very rare if done correctly.