SRS would you get unhappy if your gf

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CharlesMNeo, Aug 10, 2006.

1. CharlesMNeo

CharlesMNeo New Member

would you get unhappy if your gf like goes on date like things with her guy friend? My gf had dinner and went to a movie with one of her close guy friends, which i know and i know they are purely friends cuz the guys a fuckin pansy fuck, but would that get you kinda upset? Last time they went shopping together and dinner afterwards.. just the two of them.. it seems pretty fucked up to me.. Like im pretty sure shed be unhappy if i did that with another girl? so wtf.

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Not personally. You already know they're just friends so you have nothing to worry about.

3. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

I think its fucked. Its called respect. Personally I would talk with her and i wouldnt like it. No human would like it. Come on. I mean if you went out with your hot chick friend to dinner and movies and nice long walks on the beach then how would she feel?

4. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Honestly, I would feel a little weird about it....I wouldn't like it. I would prolly be like 'why can't she do that with me??'

BUT then on the other hand, you gotta think like 'she needs her own time, her own friends and stuff so she can't be with ya ALL THE TIME....'

And saying something to her about this might make her feel like you are smothering her and u don't want to do that.

I would prolly just think nothing of it....You know the guy and if your sure he won't try anything then its all good.

You should go out with some chick friend of yours.....just to see how she'll react, lol

5. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

6. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

The question is how would she feel if you took some friend that's a girl out to the movies and dinner?

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I have a close female friend I got out to dinner with sometimes. It's utterly platonic.

8. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Stay suspicious but don't get all antsy about it in front of her. You should be aware of guys looking to sneak in, but it's sort of ridiculous for either of you to choose who the other person hangs out with.

If he buys her diamond jewelry, it's time to step in.

9. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

If you believe he poses no threat, don't sweat it. But make sure you go out with your female friends too. I have found that women need a little competition to keep their minds focused on the relationship at hand. When they see they have you completely under control they get bored, and that is when problems arise.

The solution does not involve making her think you are cheating, but just reminding her that you are a desirable commodity that she is LUCKY to be with.

10. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I wouldn't really like it

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

beat me too it...

My wife did that a few times when we were dating. I made sure to go out with my female friends, and made sure she knew about it. But since I had trusted her, and didn't make a stink about her going out, she knew better than to do it when I went out with my female friends.

You get points in a few areas for doing this:

1) It shows you're not a jealous, insecure douchebag who can't handle your girl being around other men.

2) You show that you're desirable. That you can, at your will, surround yourself with female companionship. desirablility and confidence go hand in hand. Both are desirable.

3) It shows that you're not a push over. She's not going to walk all over you without reprocussions. She wasn't comfortable with me going out with the girls, but yet she thought it was cool to go out with the guys. Now she knows. And knowing is half the battle.

And, just for the record, after a night out with the girls, the next time I saw my woman, she made sure to remind me just why I was with her... :naughty: :naughty:

12. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Well said jared.

Also, putting her in the same situation she puts you in helps show her how you may really be feeling about it. It can't be a double standard so if she can do it, you can. If she realizes she doesn't like it, then she has to stop as well.

13. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I think its more fucked up to be worried about your girl having a close guy friend than for the girl to have a guy friend.

14. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

No. While I understand how you might feel, you gotta trust your girl and give her the space to have friends of both sexes. It's just good and healthy to keep a social circle. I would hate for my fiancee to have me break my relationships with my female friends who are as close to me as sisters, any more then I would ask of her to break contact with any of her guy friends.

If it bothers you, go out with them one time in the context of fun. If he checks out to be cool....then let them be.

EDIT: On the other hand, don't be complacent. Ask yourself why she'd want to go to these "date-like" things with someone else and not you. Are you not putting enough effort?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  15. JohnJohnJohnson

Sure, if u genuinely can't talk about something, then act out.

Big if :p

16. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

There is no reason your gf can't invite you along for her outtings with a guy friend.

17. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

unless its to talk about you.

18. ApathyOnSunday

ApathyOnSunday OT's Resident Undertaker.

I would be highly pissed. My GF went out with a guy who's "like a brother" and they went to his house and hung out then went and played pool. I didn't say anything but she knew I was pissed.
    And what's funny is a female friend of mine (who I have not hung out with in the past 2 years I've been with my GF) called and my girlfriend got jealous. haha
    So, I know if I were to hang out with her, she would be pissed as well.

I have met the guy, but I don't really know him, he seems nice enough and not a horn dog like some of her old guy friends, but still.

19. ApathyOnSunday

ApathyOnSunday OT's Resident Undertaker.

oh and it's not totally about trusting my GF, but I am a guy and I know how girls are, and I've had females friends who looked at me like a brother but you better believe I would have fucked them all given the chance...

20. JohnJohnJohnson

no shit

21. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Yes! I agree, do it "sitcom style" and get your own female friend to hang out with.

If you're both jealous and spiteful, then those are just more things you have in common! :cool:

22. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I think its totally fucked up to not like the idea of your girlfriend having a relationship with another guy. All of my close friends are girls, and only one of their boyfriends has a problem with me and just about everyone agrees that he is a total ass and no one really likes him.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

you aren't attracted to any of them?

24. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I tend to gravitate toward male friends for their qualitites in them I have never really had a good girl friend they end up trying use me for something. I have a great guy friend right now that I go to school with and its completely platonic.

My bf and I's relationship is an ldr and we have been doing it for 2 yrs+ now it takes alot of trust. He unfortunately I feel very insecure and doesnt like me talking to anyone race gender or creed. I told him to get over himself that he couldnt choose my friends and we have left it at that. I dont choose his and he doesnt choose mine.

25. big 1

big 1 New Member

Me and my bf broke up, and one of the reasons was because I had guy friends.
    He asked me to stop contact with my 5 guy friends, and i said NO> i will not change myself or lose my friends just because you want me to.

Lesson : You need to trust your SO with members of the opposite sex...it is posessive and scary when a guy tries to cut you short of your friends because of his insecurities.