A&P Would You Do Paparazzi Work?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MSIGuy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So I was (kinda) watching TMZ (while doing other stuff) and the thought struck me, would you do paparazzi work?

I'm not talking about red carpet stuff turbodude... I'm talking about the "scum of the earth stalk, follow, close up comming out of a nightclub paparazzi" work.

Now part of me thinks it would be kinda fun, and sort of challenging. The other part wonders if I could live with myself! :rofl: So lets say you could make a fairly decent living doing this, work "normal" hours (8-10 hour days), would you do it? Do you think you could handle it?

I think that I'd like to give it a shot (assuming I could get connected with the right people, ect). I think it would at least be some interesting stories to tell.

What about you?

2. alexromo

alexromo New Member

im down, why not

3. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

NO. i dont beleive in Stalkarazzi.

I have seen that shit first hand. They really are scum. And if you want to make it as a photog, and do anything else with your photog career other than chasing celebs you can forget it, you will be blacklisted and shunned upon by the photography community.

There are two levels of paparazzi work, both are bad, but one is def worst than the others.

1. You shoot from afar mainly like a stakeout, you normally have a larger 300-600 prime on your cam, and just wait for them to come out, they normally never see you. Not as bad but still would feel weird

2. You are part of teh gangbang, In their face, flash a blazin, talking shit to get a rise out of teh celeb. Getting them at their worst and never at their best. SCUM OF TEH EARTH PIECE OF SHIT MOTHERFUCKERS. I have seen them and heard them say some of the nastiest fucked up shit to get the celeb to get pissed and so something, then when you see it later you never get to hear what they actually said just the celeb getting pissed and going apeshit.

One time they straight up called Eva Longoria fat and that she looked bloated and said i hope there is a baby in teh oven because you have a gut.

so fucked up.

take it from me, i used to do the whole spy shot thing from inside the club, when i didnt know any better. Contracted by teh club to get teh shots. Never intheir face, but definately got them when they were piss drunk and partying. After seeing some LA paps move to LV and see them on red carpets (when teh celebs were leaving) and saw first hand what they did, I found it terrible, and decided i would have no part in it. So i strictly do posed shots only now. Its just not worth it, these peple are human beings, they dont deserve most of teh shit these guys do. Yeah they are in teh limelight and should know they will get attention but the paps have no moral ground, there isnt a line they wont cross.

4. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

No, never. I hate the celebs, the I hate paparazzi, and I especially hate the people who buy the magazines and/or watch the shows that promote celebrityism. Fucking scar on the face of humanity.

5. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

I see A list celebs all the time but i never even thought of taking a picture, because i personally would not like someone to take my picture.

Few months ago we were going to a wedding shoot and Ben Affleck was right next to me on the freeway stuck in traffic and i had 5D sitting on my lap...maybe i could of made some money just for taking few pics of him but i didn't. And just 2 weeks ago we were taking bride pictures on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and all of sudden Larry King walks by...we did not take a single pic of him.

6. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Yeah, I know, maybe I just don't know shit, but aren't there some of them that aren't pricks? Maybe I'm "glamorizing" it, but it seems kinda exciting from a "photojournalism" sort of way.

7. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

Nope. because if its not a posed picture Rags need a picture of them doing something stupid, or looking messed up.

8. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Yeah, it's a shame though. Seems like if you didn't have to do shit like that it would be fun.

9. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

No b/c I never understood why people are sooooo interested in the lives of celebs...all those stupid shows TMZ and rag magazines are retarded I could give a fuck what paris hilton ate for breakfast this morning

10. Keegan

Keegan New Member

It's tempting. Definitely better pay than the newspapers these days...

11. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

I'd try it depending on the pay. I can't really say I would or wouldn't without having first hand experience with it. I would at least try it, and if it felt wrong I'd stop.