would you date the ugliest person you know?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eXyle, Dec 16, 2008.

1. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

it was an interesting question posed to me by a friend the other day. i'm curious as to what others have to say and figured this is a better spot than the main forum.

my answer was no because i'm not attracted to her. she said that was shallow of me because she might be a really great person and i'm not even willing to give her a chance. i responded by saying that even though she might be great, if i'm not attracted to her, then at most we can be friends.

i feel that if there is no physical attraction, why would i date her? if there is no desire for physical intimacy, to me, that just seems like a friendship. furthermore, there is more to attraction than looks, but looks do play a part. i would still date a girl others consider average or maybe unattractive if i'm attracted to her because that's what matters. likewise, a girl may be physically attractive, but if i can't stand to be around her, then i would not date her. that is what i consider to be shallow. dating someone for her looks regardless of her personality.

so, what do you all think?

EDIT:
    to those of you who say no, does that make you shallow?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No because I'm not attracted to her.

It doesn't even have to be the ugliest. I wouldn't date anyone I'm not attracted to.

Physical compatibility is a necessary component of a relationship. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

edit - I have known girls who I would have dated if I was attracted to them. But I wasn't, so I friendzoned them but kept them around because they were intellectually stimulating.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No. They're "ugly" because I'm not attracted to them. Doesn't matter if they are ugly physically or by personality; I'm not attracted to him.

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

The ugliest girl I know is a girl that I would MARRY if she was attractive. She has the sweetest personality ever, is a barrel of laughs, and always had a way of putting me in a good mood. (she was married though)

I'm hoping to find a girl with her great personality someday.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thread starter is a male. "Ugly" refers to physically.

6. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

They're friend material.

As i said in another thread, you need 3 things to make a good relationship. And one of them is unfortunately physical.

7. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

no, not attracted

8. Kittah Pantz

Kittah Pantz New Member

I've dated ugly, but I don't think I'll ever do it again. So that be a no.

9. hayguyz

hayguyz New Member

no, i would have trouble ejaculating due to extreme uglyness

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

The ugliest girl I know actually looks fairly attractive when she uses myspace angles. I wouldn't date her because our personalities just don't work together.

There HAVE been ugly girls that I turned down only to later wish that I hadn't though. Because once they were gone I kinda missed them.

11. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Everyone is pretty to somebody. If they're ugly to you, then leave them for someone who thinks otherwise.

12. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Same here.

They need to have looks and personality.

13. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:rofl: that was my same reaction. then i got to thinking about it. for me, the ugliest person i know, i'm not attracted to and also doesn't have that great of a personality. however, the way the question is worded, ugly is on a sliding scale. the ugliest person you know may still be really attractive, just less attractive than everyone else and maybe you would date her. on the other hand, even if she is not physically attractive, you may be attracted to her personality.

i think we've all seen couples where we think for a moment "what does he/she see in her/him" because we consider one to be less attractive than the other. however, that person may be unbelievably attractive in other ways to thier SO.

there may also be a case where a person knows the other person is not attractive, but they still date him/her because they match every other criteria. can attraction grow similar to how love can grow in arranged marriages?

with all that said, for those of us who choose not to date those "ugly" people, are we shallow because of it? i think not because you can't force something that's not there, but maybe others do feel a bit shallow over it.

the consensus seems to be no, which i thought it would be, but i thought it'd still be an interesting question to throw out there. considering that some posters said they have in the past, it seems there are people who would date the ugliest person they know.

14. XERQ

XERQ Guest

I've known beautiful people on the outside that are the ugliest people I know on the inside.

15. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: That's what I meant. I was thinking more like "Don't touch that! Leave it there!" kind of leave. :mamoru: