Would you consider this bike underrated?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by VBGOD, Mar 24, 2003.

1. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

2003 YZF600R

[​IMG]

FEATURES & BENEFITS

Engine:

Potent 599cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, in-line four-cylinder powerplant puts out strong, yet street-friendly power perfectly tuned for both aggressive sport riding and everyday commuting.
    Durable, lightweight forged pistons help reduce weight for increased throttle response.
    Ram-air-style intake features a central duct below headlight to aspirate engine with high-pressure cool air for maximum top-end performance.
    Four 36mm Keihin downdraft carburetors ensure crisp, seamless throttle response throughout the rev range.
    Close-ratio 6-speed transmission provides optimal power delivery to the asphalt with effortless shifting.
    4-into-2-into-1 muffler optimizes engine performance while reducing weight and maximizing lean angle with tucked-in positioning.
    Crossover pipe between exhaust headers and muffler enhances low- and mid-range torque.

Chassis/Suspension:

Legendary Deltabox chassis design is perfect combination of light weight and rigidity for ultra-precise handling and flex-free stability while cornering.
    Rear subframe is lightweight and compact for greater performance and rider comfort.
    Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) 41mm telescopic front fork with 5.1" of travel offers race-inspired suspension performance with ultra-precise rider feedback during aggressive riding conditions.
    Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) remote-reservoir rear shock with 4.7" of travel delivers super-precise handling performance and maximum versatility.
    Competition-spec brake system features dual 298mm front discs with one-piece 4-piston calipers and 245mm single rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper for exceptional, one-finger stopping power.
    5-way adjustable front brake lever fits a wide range of hand sizes.
    Lightweight, cast alloy, 3-spoke 17" wheels front and back reduce unsprung weight for superior suspension performance, while 120/60-ZR17 front and 160/60-ZR17 rear radials deliver incomparable grip and balanced steering characteristics.

Additional Features:

Sleek, drag-reducing fairing and bodywork combine with tall windscreen for the perfect combination of wind protection and aerodynamics for optimal rider comfort without sacrificing performance.
    Moderately low clip-on bars, wide, plush seat and slightly rear-set footpegs create ideal ergonomic balance between hard-edged supersport machine and everyday commuter.
    Wide, plush passenger pillion and sturdy grabrails provide first-class two-up seating.
    Multiple, under-tailsection cargo hooks furnish numerous bungee cord anchoring points.
    5.0-gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range, while tank-side knee cutouts help create aggressive seating position to enhance sharp cornering with exceptional control.
    Instrumentation includes easy-to-read analog speedometer, tachometer, odometer, tripmeter with indicator lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals and low fuel and oil.
    Sleek 60/55-watt multi-reflector resin-lens headlight maximizes visibility and enhances slippery aerodynamics.
    Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.

Manufacturer's Sugg. Retail Price...$6,999

I don't recall seeing any of these on the roads. Strange.. :confused:

2. Fishbait

Fishbait Guest

i dunno but that black exhaust looks slick... :)

3. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

4. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Shit... who wouldn't?

5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

The R6 is $1,000 more...

R6
    [​IMG]

6. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Cool or Rice?

2003 R6
    [​IMG]

7. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

That bike would be/should be fine for most of the population. It's just that everyone wants an R6.

8. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

I have an 02' 600r in all black... it is seriously underrated..

ive raced R6's and i keep up even with them... in the twisties ive gone riding with others and often times find myself passing the less skilled on their "superior bikes"

and ill be damn its fucking comfortable to ride on all day without getting sore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

:cartman: Sweet! :bigthumb:

10. YAMOTA

YAMOTA Guest

can't go wrong with a 600R. I ride one.

[​IMG]

11. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:sad2:

Nice bikes..

12. Fishbait

Fishbait Guest

:wackit: :wackit: :wackit: :wackit: :wackit:

13. Demo Dick

Demo Dick I will treat you all alike. Just Like Shit!

Not underrated, just past it's prime. Compared to new r6 gsxr or cbr if would get it's ass handed to it given equal rider ( that said a poor rider is going to be slow on everything he rides).

But it is a very cabeable bike, comphy to ride, & looks pretty good to me.

When I was racing in WERA this was the only 600 Yamaha had & to win contingency money you had to be on one(suzuki had contingecy $$ but not as much or at as many races) So I got my ass handed to me a time or to by a better rider on one of these that was considered an inferior bike to my gsxr 600. & this was in a WERA expert class....not the "twisties" or some back road where most squids do not even lip thier tires.....

Basically I think WERA is the true test of a bike.....good skill in riders not cremede la creme world champions, but not backwoods straight line fools either....normal bikes.....not factory bakced on eoff best of the parts bin hp freak bikes

14. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Re: Re: Would you consider this bike underrated?

:bowdown: :bigthumb:

15. fortch03

fortch03 HEAD

vbgod...can you go on AIM? i need your help man

16. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

My friend just picked his up last week . I pick my bike up tomorrow :bigthumb:

17. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

VBGOD, why are you basing your decision on peoples opinions. Get what you want.

18. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Everything that has been said by people like 9three325, craze, and yamota is true. Pretty good bike. Better than a Katana but probably not as good as a F4i.

But, I'll say it again, quit looking at new bikes. Get a used bike first!

19. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

thats not saying much.....passing less skilled on superior bikes....

20. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Even though 99% of R6 owners could never use all the power of even a 600R, much less an R6. I swear, the R6 must have the shortest lifespan on average of any bike out there. It seems that every week I hear about another newbie buying an R6 then going out and totalling it.

21. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

at least they made it onto the road, unlike my roommate, who dumped his bike in the dealer parking lot, cause he hit some ice........

22. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

but thats the whole point.. you know damn well almost anyone you would talk to who is interested in getting a new bike will be like.. oh man that r6,gixx 750, kawa 6rr, F4i is badass... its so damn fast .. blah blah...

then they go for a ride on their badass bikes and get their ass handed to them on someone on a "inferior" bike that they just couldnt possibly be seen on... because it doesnt have the bling factor.. thats whats making the 600R underrated..

23. RedVVing19

RedVVing19 Steve Yzerman > Hockey

I dont know if i would ever consider riding street bikes, but do you guys think i could safely get on a R6 After riding Dirt bikes for 4 years?

24. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

How old are you?
    You could *probably* do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. The R6 is not designed to be a forgiving, easy to ride bike.
    You learn better riding skills on a slower bike anyway. On a fast bike, most new riders just go WOT on the straights, then panic brake at each corner.

25. RedVVing19

RedVVing19 Steve Yzerman > Hockey

i am 21, 5'10 160 pounds

probably just get a YZF600R if i got one