would you buy this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jdog12, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...5&cp=710956.1170115.1170136&parentPage=family
    300lb olympic weight set
    5foot standard bar, 2 adj dumbells, standard ez curl bar... about 80-100lbs worth of standard plates(from 10's down to 2.5's)
    for around 240 dollars?

anyways thats not what im wanting to get, but its what i have and i want to sell it, and am wondering if you think someone would purchas something like this at that price.. its only been used for a couple of months, i quit the gym to buy that setup,and now i hate it and want to go back to the gym.

2. Hartman

Hartman New Member

I am about to buy that and about 300lbs of weights. What don't you like about it?

3. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

the positions on it can be uncomfortable at times... im not satisfied with the "spotter" thing on it.... plus the whole gym atmosphere is much better. plus i never really have a spotter around when i need one with this. i can ask my bro or dad or something, but it tends to be kind of annoying for them. you cant really do lat pulldowns as you need something holding down your knees.. the pulleys as a whole arent that good.. not that bad, but not that good either.

4. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

most of those things can be worked around, but the gym atmosphere is the biggest reason. i woulndt take anything less than 200 for it though.

5. Hartman

Hartman New Member

yeah I see what you're saying.

6. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

No because it looks like a piece of shit. Although if you're stuck without a gym it'd be better than nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.