Would you be ok with marrying a girl who couldnt have a child?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by wake_o, May 28, 2008.

1. wake_o

wake_o New Member

How important is it for you to have your genes passed down? how about adoption? good enough?

2. Ryan2261

Ryan2261 OT Supporter

Tough topic.. Although it would mean the world to me to pass my genes down I wouldn't give up the love of my life because she couldn't have kids.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm almost positive my bf would be happy if I couldn't produce. At this point in time I wouldn't be upset either.

4. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Wouldn't really bother me, as long as she is willing to adopt.

5. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

ok? that's a requirement, i do not want kids. wouldn't marry someone that did.

6. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I deffanitely want my own kids. Two at the most, though, and hopefully one male to keep my grandfather's name/genes going.

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

If i found a sterile woman I would consider it a blessing. I have no desire for children and would love to find a woman for whom that would not be a point of contention.

8. kiri

kiri New Member

i would be absolutely devastated if i couldn't have children :hs:

i would probably attempt every option available to have my own children, and if none of them worked i would adopt.

9. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

I think I would be okay if I couldn't have my own. I'm just as good for adoption, artificial insemination, anything. I just wanna have kids one day, they dont have to be genetically mine.

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Happily...I dont want kids :dunno: Luckily, my wife and I are on the same page on that and have agreed to revist the idea once her law practice is established.

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i feel the same. its actually a huge fear of mine. my SO thinks im crazy, but i think about all precautions we take right now to prevent any pregnancy, im just scared that when we actually go to try, we wont have any luck

but more than anything, i want to be a mom, and if i couldnt physically have a child, i would adopt in a heartbeat

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (100: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/308; U; en))

Although I would prefer my own child, adoption is also an option. If we cant have children and I love her then so be it.. The earth is over populated..

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (100: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/308; U; en))

Although I would prefer my own child, adoption is also an option. If we cant have children and I love her then so be it.. The earth is over populated..

14. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I was adopted and I'd probably want to adopt. I have no urge to pass my genes down at the current moment in time.

15. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

don't care, at all

16. wake_o

wake_o New Member

I like the wide span of answers. I asked because i once dated a girl who knew odds are she would be sterile, and it kind of scared me. I guess im not too sure how important it is to me. Id really love to have my own genes passed down, i feel like itd be an amazing experience, but im not sure where it ranks on the scale of importance like someone about said, as if i you love the girl then thats more important.

Adoption, though, i think has its own set of redeeming and amazing qualities, but i dont know, its just not the same. I think ive got more growing up to do

17. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

this would not affect me one bit.. in fact, if i met a sterile man it would probably be a blessing..

the earliest i would consider having kids is 30, and even that's too soon in terms of when i'll start my career.. and, quite honestly, the more time i spend around newborns in the nursery/clinic, the stronger i feel about not having kids. between seeing sick and handicapped children, as well as super fussy, noisy children, the more i realize babies are cute until you take them home.. :hs:

18. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

My ex, whom I dated for many years was afraid she wouldn't be able to have children because her mom had a lot of trouble having kids and he sister had a few guys "slip one past the goalie" and nothing happened.

At the time I planned to marry her, and the thought of her not being able to reproduce made me think a bit. In the long run though, I never really cared. If we found out she couldn't reproduce I would just adopt (assuming I even wanted kids [neither of us did at the time]). I loved her enough to not let something like that stand in the way, and I would have much rather adopted a kid with a woman I loved, than leave her and marry a girl I wasn't sure about just for the sake of having a biological child.

19. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I have no need to bear spawn. So if I love someone and they can't have kids, it's doesn't mean anything to me.

20. digitalbs

digitalbs Active Member

Tough question for me since I can't see myself actively making a big deal about it. On one hand, I would love to start a family and pass on my genes. On the other, sometimes you can't help who you fall (mutually) in love with. If this is the case, well, then I hope she would be OK with adoption. In either scenario, I know that I would be a good father and end up being a very positive influence in a child's life.

21. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I'd be sooo sad if my SO was sterile, but it wouldn't keep me from marrying him. I'd be devastated if I couldn't have babies, and would try everything I could to have my own, but if it really wasn't working out I would adopt and wouldn't think twice about it. However, I could never marry someone who didn't want a family.

22. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I want kids one day, but it would not stop me from marrying a woman I was truly in love with.

23. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

I don't particularly want kids, at all, and even if I did, I would have no problem adopting.

So it would really have zero effect on my decision as to whether or not I would marry her.

24. squid

squid braap

I'm never getting married and I won't have a kid out of wedlock so it's irrelevant to me.

25. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter