Would YOU be offended?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BadKat, Apr 14, 2010.

1. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

So recently I was talking with a friend about a mutual friend. Both are guys. One of them is extremely good looking (Friend A), the other...well... as much as he's a nice guy, he physically resembles a troll (Friend B) :o

Anyway, in this conversation Friend A told me how Friend B and him where going to be going out with yet another mutual friend, this time a female. Prior to the three of them going out, Friend B told Friend A that if the female came on to him (Friend A), that he should deflect to himself (Friend B) because he hadn't had his "rebound" yet from his break up earlier this year. :ugh:

I felt offended FOR her. Of course Friend A didn't follow this request, but the idea that Friend B would make it seem like it's acceptable to do such a thing really perplexed me. Made me think he was treated the girl as a piece of meat.

Is this normal single guy behavior?? :dunno:

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Calling dibs on girls? Yeah that's common enough.

3. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

if she plays that role for him then she's a fucking idiot. dumb women deserve to be taken advantage of.

/thread

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

you are oversimplyfying it...

You have no idea how men work if you didn't answer the basic question of how did this female come to join them?

If friend b put in all the work to get this girl out, then its completely 100% above board to tell friend A hands off.

there are a million different scenarios, and in most of them this is pretty normal acceptable behavior, there are also quite a few where its kind of off, but i don't see how you are so offended.

Girls have much stronger more complex rules about this stuff than guys do.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I've gone out with guys where I've been told that I am not allowed to hit on a certain girl, since another one of my friends is working on it. I mean... it's common courtesy. :p

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i'm not seeing the offensive part of this situation....

7. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

this is normal.

she's talking about a guy saying don't hit on her because he needs his rebound. he doesn't care for the girl at all and seemingly just taking advantage of her.

8. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

There was no "working on it". All 4 of us are old HS friends. The other girl came in to town the day after I left, on her own dime and simply wanted to go out and have a good time with some old friends. Friend B simply told Friend A that if the girl came on to Friend A, to deflect her to Friend B. Friend B has never had a physical relationship with this girl (although neither has Friend A), we were ALL friendzoned with each other years and years ago.

It just kind of felt like her feelings on the situation (maybe she finds Friend A more attractive, I know I sure do ;-) ) were not being taking into consideration. Maybe she's not physically attracted to Friend B and wouldn't consider doing anything sexual with him n the first place?

9. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Not just "don't hit on her" but a "if she hits on you, steer her my way instead".

10. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

its harmless unless she takes the bait like a dumbass. if she doesn't like someone then she wont try to hook up with them. if she does and she doesn't want to then shes an idiot.

11. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:uh: Obviously. THAT isn't what the point of the question is.

She did end up going home with Friend A who says that nothing happened (and I believe him), but he's not going to let Friend B know what did or did not happen between them that night :mamoru:

12. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

that just girls getting all buthurt because they like to pretend they don't know two facts

1. Guy talk. it is NOT OK in guyland to tell a guy that you are not EXTREMELY close with "I need this one bro. I'm lonely and depressed" Girls always like to take so much umbrage like they don't know this. Yes, its cool to talk about girls like a peice of meat as to avoid discussing feelings. get over it already. guys have been doing it since middle school. Judge the way a guy actually treats women and you also won't get suckered as bad by the guys with the silver tongues who tell you everything you want to hear.

2. while most of what gets girls panties in a bunch is just simply guys way of relating to each other, the fact remains that men are sexually motivated creatures SO WOMEN DONT HAVE TO BE. Men desire sex and develop emotions as a result of seeking sex. Take my word for it ladies, without the male sex drive the world would be a very different place and you wouldn't like it. All the rejection we endure, the time, energy and money we expend on meeting, courting, keeping women, the desire to be seen as $table, mature, etc etc etc.... All of that is a function of our sex drives. I assure you that you ladies would really not be thrilled if our balls were gone and we really were happy to sit at home with our bros and play xbox every weekend, or go to sporting events. Women would have to make like a MILLION times easier for men if we didn't want to have sex with you. You would need to seek us out, you would need to court us, you would need to be on average 10 times less of a pain in the ass. get over it. it doesn't mean we don't like you. It just is. acting like an indignant puritan about it is ridiculous.

13. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

why not?

14. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Yeah seriously.

I couldnt tell you how many times me and my buddies go out, whether its a restaurant or out to a club and we call dibs on the girls/waitresses/bartenders, etc.

And more so enough, if one friend is 'eyeing' a certain girl and the girl is obviously into one of the other buddies, ive seen and participated in helping that girl get 'into' my friend as opposed to me.

15. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

couldnt have said it any better :h5:

16. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Oookay then.

And I know that men desire sex, that's a no brainer.

17. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

ok so whats the problem. man sees hot women and thinks hey i'd like to get to know her and have sex with her...

man has sex with woman... woman turns out to not be a psycho.

man keeps woman around until she gets out of line and becomes more trouble than her pussy is worth.

basic male philosophy..

18. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I don't get why you are so offended. Women pretty much do the same thing but aren't as upfront about it :dunno:

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

i don't really see how saying that in ultra toughguy speak is helping anything here.

20. Devastator

Devastator OT Supporter

Desire doesn't quite say it. Men desire sports cars and watches. Sex is more like a physical addiction like Heroin or crack.

21. THoC

THoC New Member

ill address two things:

1. why is she being treated like meat? she has the option of saying no to the troll. if she does fuck him and he accomplishes his goal its all on her.
    the only way she is being treated poorly is if she likes the troll, he lies to her and says he wants a RS, fucks her, moves on.

2. is it normal single guy behavior? not in my group of friends. although it has been tried and shut down by the more attractive guys in our group of friends.

it is ok to call dibs.

troll: hey man i really like that girl. please do not hit on her.
    good looking guy: not a problem ill back off. BUT, if she shows no interest in you and comes on to me, its fair game.
    troll: agreed.

it is not ok to say.

troll: if she hits on you deflect to me!
    good looking guy: fuck you!

22. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

truth.

Thats how the game goes.

23. THoC

THoC New Member

:h5:

although i will admit to this. say i am "seeing/talking" to a girl(s) and am getting steady action. the troll has not had sex in ages.

if a girl we both find attractive comes on to me BUT ALSO shows interest in the troll i will deflect.

if zero interest is shown in troll by the girl then he is shit out of luck :hsd:

24. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

i'm not trying to be a toughguy :rofl: i'm anything but that. i'm speking in OT language :rofl:

25. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

why not?

Why am i going to not give my bros a chance? If im attractive and cool and chicks dig me and they are a troll, of course shes gonna hit on me first. I've definitely deflected to my friends.