Would this be cute or creepy?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by huntz0r, Oct 18, 2005.

1. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I met this girl about a month ago. I've got her email and phone number. Last time I tried to reach her was via a phone message and then an email about a week later, the latter about 3 weeks ago. Neither got a response till yesterday, when I found a reply to that email in my inbox. Saying sorry for not writing back, various things are outta hand, etc.

Problem 1: She's moving around, waiting to move into a house, and has sparse access to email. To her credit, she did mention this in the first place. So in short, email clearly is not a timely means of contact.

Problem 2: She seems to work a lot, or at least seems to be working at times I would normally call. So I get no answer. And I at least know better than to try calling over and over throughout the week.

Problem 3: She is having trouble getting voicemail, but besides that I'm horrible at leaving it. For the past couple weeks I had figured I killed myself there. Turns out she never got it, which is an act of providence as far as I'm concerned. It was a trainwreck. No more voicemails.

I don't think she's avoiding me, else I wouldn't have gotten that email. She's continuing to seem very open and friendly, says things in future tense, all good signs from what I can see, though I'm also a big dope in these kind of situations.

Now what I'm getting at is this: I know where she works, since I met her there. I know a few timeframes in which she could probably be found there. I was pondering just showing up and offering lunch for... well, lunch, or dinner after work. I know I'm overthinking this, but I honestly don't know if that's a good move or if I should just wait around some more and see if she tries harder to reach me? If I wait a week or two then she ought to be moved in and online, but who knows. She should have my phone number, but it's possible she lost it. She's got one missed call from me today though.

I don't wanna seem like a stalker following her around, but something's gotta give for anything to proceed here. I don't even know if there's anything Vaginari-al to it, doesn't matter, I just need to meet some people in this strange new town I'm in.

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I dont know about just showing up to take her to lunch. She may have already made plans or maybe she has to work during lunch or needs to do homework during lunch, etc.

I get the sentation she works in retail or something similar? Why dont u call her job and play it off like ur just one of her costumers. When u get her on the line say something like "Im gonna be in the area in a couple of days, let me take you to lunch" then u can set a time and place.

Also, not to be a dick. But I call BS on the voice mail thing. I work for a cell company. At best, I'll believe she didnt get ur voice mail for a few hrs or maybe even days. But to say she never got it at all, well, lets just say the chances of that happening are very slim.

3. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

Send her TXTs? I know it's not like... I dunno.. a "generally accepted" method of asking girls out and shit, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

True, I could just show up to ask her to dinner when she gets off work though... no pressure to ditch her job in the middle of the day or anything :hsugh:

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

What do you have to lose? Id go for it...

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

From what you have posted, this girl doesn't seem very interested in you. Not to say you can't change her mind, but why isn't she calling you? If she was interested, wouldn't she make an effort to get in touch with you?

Is there any reason you are focused on this one particular girl versus trying to meet others?

7. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

If you fail to get through to this girl just remember there are 7tythousands out there that could be better.

8. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

i wouldnt show up at her work, she knows your trying to contact her, if she was interested she would call back, she possibly replied to the email just to be nice

9. noola

noola New Member

abort that idea, just do nothing now

10. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Hell if I know. She did bother to send me an email, pretty much out of the blue cause I hadn't been pursuing her at all for the past 3 weeks. I know that's idle and miniscule effort, but it's something. Maybe she's been busy and shit. What reason would she have at this point to be going after me full-tilt? The fact that she isn't doesn't indicate much to me.

Yeah yeah I know, there's a billion other women out there. Well they all seem fairly less interested in me than this one. I don't exactly have girls throwing themselves at me all the time. I'm not incredibly attractive nor a very social person. In fact I just moved into town and don't even know anybody here, so even if she doesn't want anything more than to be friends, that's okay by me (assuming there is some basis for a friendship, which would kinda be a prerequisite for anything). In either case, what's wrong with spending more than 5 minutes of effort on somebody? I have no particular reason to go after her, on the other hand I have no particular reason not to, and an opportunity could be there right? It's not like I'm spending every waking moment obsessing and waiting by the phone. You guys talk like it should be dead easy to have tons of friends and a hot date every other night... well I dunno about you, but it just doesn't work that way in my life. I suck at meeting people, so cut me a little slack ok?

11. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

I think you made a good point with this. Why, after 3 wks would she 'all of a sudden' try contacting you again?

My opinion? She might have been seeing or talking to someone else in the previous 3 wks and he canned her or it didn't work out.

I don't know if you should show up though, you might seem to anxious. Just play things out...maybe invite her out over email? Seems like the best way to get ahold of her. That or text message her.

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah that's true.

I actually had nothing to do for most of today (work is light) and went over there. She works at Best Buy so it's credible for me to kill time wandering around there, I do that anyway. I left with a new CD, but I didn't see her around. Perhaps that was a fortunate thing.

Anyway I sent her another email, friendly-like. Teased her a bit over being impossible to reach and not calling me, and hinted at getting together for lunch/dinner sometime. That probably was the thing to do, so I'll hang back a bit and see if I hear from her. She was talking about getting moved into her new house this week finally, so if that works out she will be online and what not. She also gave me her AIM in the email from the other day and said she added me to her list.

We'll see... :hs:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  13. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

I think that was the best decision as well...

14. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

she's not interested, but she has somewhat of a heart, so she figured she'd at least respond to your email.

15. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

i say abort: that voicemail thing and seems to busy

16. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

So she works at Best Buy? Perfect. Apply for holiday part time help. You only work like 10hrs a week. You can earn a few extra bucs, enjoy the awsome discount for ur holiday shoping and get a chance to talka nd spend time w/ her.