Would SEPC be a waste if using AIO?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by n2_space, Sep 23, 2004.

1. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Next month I am going to get the cars ready for winter, and plan on doing AIO/SG/S100 topper (QEW'ing in the winter and trying to keep a layer of S100 on it every 6 weeks or so). Would SEPC be a waste? I would think SEPC would go before AIO as well, but had some thoughts on that being right too. Any thoughts?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

SEPC is a very mild abrasive, so it should go first. AIO will not affect the effects of SEPC's slight cutting power.

Instead of S100, you might want to try Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax. You can contact Jimmy Buffits from Autopia (317 514-2659 or [email protected]) and see where he buys his Meguiars professional leve products at. He is in Carmel so I am pretty sure he is in your area. #16 is noticably more durable than S100 and a very similar look.

3. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yeah, I'm on Autopia too, I've met Jim, cool guy :)

I've been meaning to get some #16 (well a lot of things ;) ), just haven't yet. The places I have found any of the pro line from Meguiar's locally don't have #16... I'll just get some online next time. I guess I was looking at SEPC helping give that pop to S100, but mixing it in with AIO/SG, wasn't really sure if it would counter it or be worth it :dunno:

4. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Unfortunately that's what it's like around here as well. I called all 8 stored within about 30 miles of me trying to find DACP and only 1 carried it. Most of the time I just stick to ordering online. It saves alot of running around.

Definately try #16. I put a coat of it on a clients car back in the middle of June and it's still beading like crazy.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I met Jim when we were at the Meguiars trip back in May. He, I and a few others (aka Patrick, SuperiorShine, Aurora40, rjstaff and Brian-I forget his user name) were invited out to Meguiars for 3 days. This is us in the limo on the way to the Peterson Automotive Museum after seeing Jay Leno's cars.

[​IMG]

Brian, Bob (aurora40), me, Bob (rjstaff) and Jim.

You aren't kidding about Jim. One of the most interesting people I have ever met. He used to own a few comedy clubs.

6. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yep, he has a nice shop, and some interesting guys working for him :)

I remember seeing that thread... I would love to go sometime....

There is a paint shop downtown where I can get some of the more well used products (#80, DACP, SMR, FI and the like), and I think they told me they can order stuff, I just may do that, I need more #80 anyway :)