GUN Would personal arms have stopped/mitigated what went down in Mumbai?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BCIT, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BCIT

BCIT Guest

2. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Um, yeah. There was a photographer running around asking the cops to shoot the bad guys. The cops were hiding.

3. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

came in to post this

training too

4. Need More RWHP

Need More RWHP Got Horsepower?

Just the government getting the hell out of the way of gun laws and allowing people to defend themselves would have been enough. Any gun free zones are open to massacres like that. If they could have gotten concealed carries or just guns period, it would have been a gun fight and not a slaughter.

5. BCIT

BCIT Guest

anyone got a link full of facts and figures?

6. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

If a group of crazy hajis start spraying people down with a full auto ak fire and all i got is a concealed pistol im getting the fuck out of there.

7. BCIT

BCIT Guest

a bunch of fucksticks are arguing otherwise.

8. BCIT

BCIT Guest

[​IMG]
    Moshe Holtzberg, the 2-year-old orphan of the rabbi and his wife slain in the Mumbai Jewish center, cries during a memorial service at a synagogue in Mumbai, India, Monday, Dec. 1, 2008. Holtzberg will fly to Israel Monday on an Israeli Air Force jet with his parents' remains and the Indian woman who rescued him, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman said.

9. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

hmmm no

glock 19 vs. AK47

i'm running unless a gunman is IN MY FACE and i have no choice

10. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Unless I'm cornered and I have to fight. Might as well get some rounds off. :o

11. Admiral_dick

Admiral_dick New Member

:bowdown:

12. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

fuck that noise.

13. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

A full auto AK is less accurate than a semi-auto clone. All you'd have to do is find cover, let him spray, then when he stops to reload, pop out and put a good well aimed shot in him. :dunno:

14. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

To be fair, Ghandi was refering to the disarming of the Indian military, not civilians. :hs:

15. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Yeah, you go ahead and do that. I'd get the fuck out of there because my semi-auto handgun is nowhere near the equivalent of a full-auto assault rifle in a gunfight.

16. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

Sadly that child will never really understand what happened to his parents until he is much older.

Fuck terrorists.

17. BCIT

BCIT Guest

Actually...

The 2-year-old orphan found drenched in the blood of his parents at the besieged Jewish center in Mumbai left India on Monday on an Israeli Air Force jet, accompanied by the Indian woman who rescued him.

Moshe Holtzberg's parents, Rabbi Gavriel Noach Holtzberg and his wife, Rivka, ran the headquarters of the ultra-Orthodox Chabad Lubavitch movement in Mumbai — one of 10 targets besieged by gunman over the 60-hour rampage.

During the attack Thursday, Sandra Samuel, a nanny who worked there for years, had locked herself in a laundry room when she heard Rivkah screaming for her to help. Then the screaming stopped, and it was quiet, said Robert Katz, a New York-based fund-raiser for an Israeli orphanage founded by the boy's family.

Samuel cracked open the door of her hiding place and saw a deserted staircase. She ran up one flight and saw the rabbi and his wife, covered in blood and shot to death. The child was crying beside his parents' bodies, his pants drenched in blood.

She snatched the boy, bolted down the stairs and out of the building.

"She's been there with him throughout," Katz said.

Six civilians were killed in the center — all of them Jewish and four of them Israeli, Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Andy David said. In all, more than 170 died in attacks on 10 targets across the Indian city.

Moshe was accompanied on the trip to Israel by his maternal grandparents, Yehudit and Shimon Rosenberg, who were reunited with their grandson when they arrived in Mumbai on Friday.

"It was pure raw emotion, tears of joy, tears of sorrow, incredible emotion, understandably out of control," said Katz.

Asked about Moshe's condition, he said: "I don't know that he can comprehend or that he will remember seeing his parents shot in cold blood."

Before the child's departure, dozens gathered at a synagogue in Mumbai for a memorial service for the Jews slain at the Chabad center. During the service, Moshe burst into tears and called out "Ima," Hebrew for "mother."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459564,00.html

18. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

I mean regarding the way they died and understanding the kind of worthless fuck that it takes to become a 'terrorist' and take innocent peoples lives all in the name of 'jihad'.

19. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I second this, I am out gunned and out drawn, I'm not playing hero. I'll do what is most likely to keep me alive and that more than likely is to find cover or run. I'd probably unholster once I was hidden, because if I am discovered and cornered, my best chance of survival changes from running to fighting.

20. SNDP

SNDP New Member

Plus the local cops are as likely to shoot you as they are anyone else with a gun...

21. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Actually they were cowering in the corner so you are in the clear.

22. john in jax

john in jax New Member

A single person with a handgun (personal CCW) might have had some impact:
    1) created a diversion, drawing the attacker's attention away from his loved ones
    2) ambushed one or maybe two of them causing wounds that might eventually take them out of the fight
    BUT only at great risk to him/herself.

As far as handguns vs. assault rifles argument goes it can be a M.A.D. situation:
    1) remember the FBI desk jockeys that confronted the heavily armed bank robbers in south FL in the 80's - the two assault weapon wielding BG's were killed, but only after taking out several agents armed with handguns.
    2) In California traffic cops armed with handguns prevented heavily armed bank robbers wearing body armor and kevlar helmets from escaping and eventually killed them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is YES someone with a handgun could have made a difference, but it may not have been a significant difference and it probably would have cost that person their life.

23. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Sounds like a couple people were in that position. Like 172 of them.

24. BCIT

BCIT Guest

At least it would give people a fighting chance. They're also saying that the hostages were tortured before they were killed.

25. BCIT

BCIT Guest

There are many report of people who got very close to the terrorists and lived, unarmed. If any of those people had a gun it might have made a big difference.

Hell, look at how close these photographers got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]