Would it be possible......

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OzzieChan, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

to find my windows cd key from startup? I'm kinda fucked here since my windows crashed, and I need to backup some important stuff on my pc.

I went to install a copy of windows over top of the last one just so I could go in and back my stuff up, then format and reinstall a fresh copy of windows afterwards.

No when it's asking me for my CD key, I don't have my original one and I tried to use a couple I found on the net but no luck at all, they don't work. Is there any possible way to get into the registry or find my orig CD key without being in Windows itself?

I do have an original CD but I didn't buy it from a store the computer was custom built so I am kind of stuck there.

:wtc::noes::x: sums it up.

2. bbo

bbo New Member

3. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

Far as I can get is in the setup where it asks for the key unfortunately I was thinking about the HD as a slave to get my stuff, but I'd need to bring it to a shop since I only have my laptop besides said PC.

4. bbo

bbo New Member

you could but a HD enclosure for your HD from the PC ... connect that to your lappy.

5. kasfinally

kasfinally New Member

hmmm connects through USB or something?

6. bbo

bbo New Member

yep .. I got one to read some HD's I had on a PC that the mobo crashed.
    it has USB ... AC adapter for power .. reads like any other USB drive.

I think this is the one I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817193025

works ok ...

7. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

wait... if you have gotten that far in the reinstall, haven't you already wiped out your hard drive? if that is the case, you probably have nothing left on that drive to find your key off of.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

so you do not legally own a copy? Buy it.

Stop stealing software.

9. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

You're a fucking idiot, read better.

Anyways, I ended up getting a HD enclosure, so I should be ok now, it shouldn't have deleted anything since I didn't format, I just was installing windows over.

Thanks

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

You're a fucking idiot. NO WHERE do you say you paid for a LEGIT windows license. In fact, you admit to trying to pirate it!

No CoA == No Legit.

Even if you do pull the CD Key out of the old install it is STILL NOT LEGAL UNTIL YOU PHYSICALLY POSES A *VALID* CoA!

11. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

haha holy fuck i said clearly in the first post i have the original cd but not the key. I bought the computer from a guy that built it for me, and I paid for windows which was included, hence having the original cd. That is why you are a fucking idiot and need to read better. so read better you fucking idiot.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Hey idiot, having the CD does NOT make it a legit license. Not having the CoA makes it an ILLEGAL copy. So I'm not the one that needs to read better. By your own admission YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF WINDOWS.

The CD doesn't mean shit. Microsoft will sell those for the cost of the press, which is like $5. The CoA is the license. I can have a CoA and no CD and it is still a LEGIT license. You have a CD with no CoA and you do NOT have a legal license.

So for the last fucking time, you're an idiot and you DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO RUN WINDOWS... EVEN IF YOU RECOVER THE OLD CD KEY.

YOU MUST PURCHASE A VALID CoA BEFORE YOU CAN BE CONSIDERED ANYTHING OTHER THAN A FAGGOT THIEF.

13. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

shut the fuck up you stupid nerd. i paid for a legit copy of windows he sent the cd with key, i don't have said key or CoA anymore, what's so hard to understand? quit fingering your pussy and understandf what i'm saying for fuck sakes.

14. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

and before you respond again, i don't care if i lost my CoA, i'm not paying for windows twice, so again, quit being a faggot you trolling faggot.

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

You don't have a CoA. You do not have a legit windows license. You do not have permission to use Windows on that machine.

YOU ARE A FUCKING THIEF.

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I know you don't care. You're a faggot thief. And faggot thieves never have any respect.

17. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

The internet amazes me, I've never met anyone so fucking hurting in real life.

18. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Then why do you blatantly break the law and steal?

I have never met someone so fucking ignorant in real life. At least thieves usually admit what they do is wrong. :nono:

19. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

I also have a copy of vista that I can't use I bought new for $300 bucks sitting on my shelf and a New copy of sonar I bought for $620, I'm such a software theif hey you fucking nerd?

20. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

If you pay for illegal software you have NO right to get pissy when it doesn't work.

And at this point, with you not having any CoAs then I have all the evidence to call you a thief. The faggot part is just because you think that you're "owed" something. You're not.

21. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

what the fuck is wrong with you? shut the fuck up already. i swear, sometimes it just seems like you are looking for an excuse to act like a prick.

ozzie, if the data is that important, you might want to buy another hard drive and just install vista over there and then leave this drive as a second one once you get off what you need. if that isn't an option, have you tried repairing your windows install instead of doing a whole reinstall?

22. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

Yep buddy's fucked.

Anyhoo yeah, I actually have 2 HD's in the computer now, another option would be installing windows on the second drive, but I also have stuff I need to grab off it too so I think this way is best with the HD Enclosure and I just bought an External drive as well so I'll just the one main in the PC and have a couple of backup drives for when I need them (I stole all those parts out of a truck to actually by the way:rolleyes:)

23. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

[main forum] who pays for that shit? [/main forum]

yarr mateys :rofl:

24. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Yea, MS is hurtin.

25. kasfinally

kasfinally New Member

i have no input on this subject at all, other then you are a fucking faggot nerd who needs to go back and pick on people on WOW cause shit aint gonna fly here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.