Would Be Cool.....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by XtremelyCanadian, Apr 4, 2002.

1. XtremelyCanadian

XtremelyCanadian I play hockey.....EH

Well here's the deal,
    I have 2 Clarion 10"s that i took out of my truck to put 2 JL 10"s, and the Clarions are just sitting in my basement collecting dust. What i was think is i could hook them up to my stereo and get some killer bass. But i heard somewhere that you should not hook up any car audio components to any home audio stuff. But my dad took my old 4x6's and hooked them up to a stereo outside, and it works perfectly.
    So would i be screwing up my subs by hooking them up to my receiver in my room or what???????

2. Cashishift

Cashishift Well-Known Member

most home amplifiers are 8 ohm.. most car speakers and yours are probably 4 ohm. therefore.. you'd have to get 4 10's that are 4 ohm and wire each set of 2 in series so you end up with an 8 ohm load.. on each channel.. then you will pry need some sort of crossover network so you can run a tweeter and so forth, and still keep the impedence down.

3. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

couldnt you wire 4ohm dual voice coils in parrele to produce 8ohms? or are they single voicecoil?

4. XtremelyCanadian

XtremelyCanadian I play hockey.....EH

So if i just hooked the speakers up would it wreck them......or just sounds horrid.

5. Blackz28

Blackz28 OT Supporter

An amplifer home/car isnt rated in ohms. speakers are. Most home aplifiers like to 8ohms or greater. So, if they are single voice coils, you hook em up in series to get an 8ohm load.