Worth fixing?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Melan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Melan

Melan New Member

I have Toshiba a75 laptop waiting to be fixed. It broke because my mother decided to see if it will play foreign dvds on the new tv, so after sometime being connected it started hibernating and never turned back on. Now it doesn't respond at all. Now if worst comes to worst and it is fried motherboard i am willing to spend up to $250 on it. There were never any problems with it ( besides cleaning the fans once a year ). Now my question is should i fix it or wait a year and get a nice portable gaming laptop? I am not sure how outdated this one is actually, but i want to be able to use photoshop and other adobe programs without a problem (it should be fine) . What kind of games would i be able to play on it? The only thing that i really don't like about it is that it is not very portable and bulky and i doubt that i would carry it around all the time, but then again im used to carrying a lot of heavy shit.
    So help me decide, thanks

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

That is not why it broke, tell your mother you are sorry for blaming her :rolleyes:

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

4. Melan

Melan New Member

yeah i read reviews, so i don't think anyone will want it if ill try to sell it. Also i pretty much was there when it broke because thats when we just got the tv. and i never heard her complaining about it ( and if it had such bad problems im sure i would have). but now it feels like a waste of money. she did upgrade the memory to 1gb though

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Could be a power supply issue, though less likely with a laptop than a desktop, but more likely it just had a stroke.

You can always send it in for service and then refuse to pay once they give you the estimate if it's too much.

6. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

The A?? series were shit - don't spend any more money on them.