SRS worst weekend ever... rock bottem for an irresponsibility addict?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by antihero, Jun 28, 2005.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

25 years old. decent job in IT, but still living paycheck to paycheck, because i do things like spur of the moment vacations and car mods instead of being more responsible and using that money for more important things like making my beater pass inspection and savings.

Well friday i found out id been kicked out of school for bad grades. two D's and an F. sigh.. I only have 16 credits left to go for my BS so this is a serious problem, as going to another school would result in losing a huge number of credits.. Im still waiting for a phone call back from school so i know what my options are for getting back in.

saturday a friend of mine says "meet my cat" and throws a cat at me. I now have a 8.5 inch laceration on my arm.. this is not a cat scratch.. there are missing chunks... sigh

sunday I go to see my girl on her birthday. Now i have a restricted school/work license and i realize my inspection is no good, but i figure drive sanely and it wont be an issue. Shes stuck working all day on her birthday and cant really leave. get pulled over at a roadblock.. and just as hes about to tell me not to worry bout the restricted license, my license comes back suspended. fawk... I really dont know what happened here. i got my license taken away for speeding tickets.. but I cleared all that up and they issued me a restricted license for 6 months untill i can get my real one back. apparently "all cleared up" enough to issue me a new license, doesnt actually mean that the new license is any good. I have not been stopped in the 7 months since i got the new license. So i have to call my girl on her birthday while shes working to come bail me out. :wtc: 3 hours later im out on bail :( I sleep in my girls room at her job, where she isnt allowed to have guys. but her roomate (chick) bring a girl home, and they keep me up all night. I have to drag two of my friends 1.25 hours away to come pick me up and drive my beater home. I borrow money from a friend to pay the towing fees.

Today i got my paycheck and after i pay everyone back i have $100 to live on, pay bills with, and pay rent with.. oh yeah and rent goes up $100 next month cause one of my roomates is moving out. Only real obvious sellable possesions i have are a laptop worth maybe $200 and a front end for my car worth about $400. i guess its time to sell them.

last night my girl calls me and while we are talking.. she says how long do you think it will be before you can handle any more bad news? i say at least a day or two...thinking shes just kidding.. but shes not. she sounded really sad. So i ask her whatsup and she wont tell me. Im assuming shes getting in big trouble at her job or something else is horribly wrong. I already feel so bad for ruining her birthday and embaressing her in front of her coworkers/friends.

I am not the worrying kind. I don't let the little stuff get me down. but now i can just feel myself getting an ulcer. I can barely eat, cant sleep... im so tense my back and joints just hurt.

and to think last thursday I didnt have a care in the world. I had 16 credits left to finish college, enough money to last the weekend with a paycheck comming, a license, and no criminal charges pending, didnt owe anyone anything... sigh.. what a shitty weekend.

no wild partying.. trying to be a badass... didnt try to do anything crazy at all.. and still... Oh well, i know it was retarded driving with an expired inspection when I had other stuff going on, but there wasnt much i could do about it and it was her birthday :hsd:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You have SHIT in your lifestyle.

How irrisponsible as a person you are, you have no idea of the 'VALUE' of money. You aren't able to save a dime on a piggybank, and there's an overal 'waste it all ' culture in your life. Your grades are lousy, and you lost your license. However there is light on the end of the tunnel.

'No matter how deep a soul has fallen , there is always a way out'

Becoming a Loving , and helping person is the most important thing in your life, your car, your finances, your carreer, the diploma's you have, your position in life, the house you live in or the money you own all mean nothing in life.

So your doing a good thing basically not worrying about all the financial issues. But you need some financial advice, you know advice that when followed won't get you into any problems, and lets have a go at one of darketernals financial rules towards income happyness.

1. There's only one place where money belongs, namely into your own wallet.

2. the 2/3 rule, meaning that 2/3 of your income goes to savings/debt solving, and 1/3 is for your monthly necessities, ONLY get those things that you really need to survive. (and no, you don't need another car rear supsension kit to surive the day)

3. Only risk investing money into something that you can afford to lose. If you buy something, make sure that it doesn't wipe away your financial security. It may sound silly but the very money you throw away so easily was actually meant to buy your next meal.

4. Twist a penny 3 times. Old fashionate, but from now on i want you to think 3 times before you waste your money on something, ask yourself DO I REALLY REALLY NEED THIS? Don't buy stuff that you don't need.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Darketernal's Diploma Graduating program.

In order to achieve your school goals , you TOTALLY have to change your entire mindset, from now on your LEARN for YOURSELF, instead of it being some sort of government imposed thing, why are you on school? , So you can have a financial secured position within society. A diploma verifies and strenghtens your position in society, its true you don't need it in the afterlife, but in order to get good grades you have to change your mentality to this one.

'winning isn't important, it's EVERYTHING'

As in your finances, you will find out that Western society is ALL about the 'figures' , high figures mark good results(in most cases) , which means that the figures in your grades must be high, it all goes with the formula, that high figures for your diploma means that you will win in society and obtain a stronger financial position in life. To achieve this you must give EVERYTHING thru out your entire life, and if you do this depends on your willingness.

4. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

We all have those chances in life where we get kicked in the arse and have to wake up.

Take this opportunity to change.

Follow this advice to make it happen.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Im working on it.. Im helping my friends sell thier cars.. repairs, cleanup, advirtise etc, for some extra money and trying to be productive in my free time instead of using it to just blow more money.

nothing else is wrong.. which was cause for a huge sigh of relief...

and its finally dawning on me that i do have a huge savings account.. :hsd: my car :wtc: