worst rejection stories?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by filho do deus, Mar 18, 2009.

1. filho do deus

filho do deus New Member

At the time I had just moved to brazil and had no idea of how the phone systems work. (I am still very unsure)

Basically me and a buddy meet these locals are start hooking up with them, we stay out till 4:30 before we depart ways. She wrote down her number 3 times for me (kept losing them in my school supplys), and both her and her friends told me to call her (in brazil you call the very next day if you are interested)

I buy a cellphone the very next day(saturday)

So I call, and no response. I think I leave a message? As I mentioned early the phone systems are whack, what I have figured out is that a busy signal is actually a dialing signal. Basically I speak into the phone as if it was a message, however I dont know if one was recorded.

No response.

I wait till monday to call her agian, and use broken portuguese:

me: this luciana
    her: what?
    me: is this luciana
    her: ah yes
    me: This is filho do deus, I met you on friday, I am the american english teacher
    her: ah yes i remember, how are you
    me: good how are you
    her: good
    me: I want to hang out agian
    her: what
    me: I want to hang out with you agian soon.

As soon as I finish the word soon, the connection breaks and the phone starts making more funny noises (I dont know what the noises represent, more busy signal tones???)

Did this girl really just hang up on me, or did brazils network take a shit? ( I assumed she hung up, but I couldnt be sure)

I called back and she didnt pick up.

I texted her in portuguese: I am very unfamiliar with the phone systems in brazil, you just hung up on me, yes?

No reply
    Girl for sure hung up on me straight up. :rofl:

Ive been rejected in a bunch of ways, but never has a girl just straight hung up on me before.

I felt a bit shitty at first, but then I looked at how it was: just a good friday night, and a bit of a conquest (she is 30 and i was 21)

it was just a good time and nothing more.

Thats my worst rejection story, care to share?

2. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's a good one. Damn.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That being said, I love flirting in another language. If you're not fluent, you have no choice but to be direct.

"I want to hang out again with you soon."

You just fucking come out and say it :bowdown:

It's not like in English where you're like "did you see the fight outside? Omg i know this great came called the cube? Who lies more boys or girls?" No. Fuck that shit.

You. Hi. I want to hang out with you.

Direct ftw, plus you get bonus points if the chick thinks it cute that you're speaking her language.

And you ever fuck up and offend her, you can just blame it on a mistake you made in their language (it would've made sense how I meant it in English, I must not understand all the nuances of your language yet). No one can get pissed at you for a mistake you didn't make intentionally (unless they're low quality and then you don't want to hang out with them anyway).

5. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

oh gawd, not Mystery Method

6. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

:rolleyes: That's all Matador.

7. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I dunno, I remember hearing all that stuff before Matador was on the scene and this shit was popular.

8. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

1- Me and my friend were sitting in this bar. I was tipsy, and out of no where, I have this strong feeling to flirt with this chick infront of me, who happens to be talking to this guy. (I usually am at my best, when I am cockblocking someone else :rofl:), anyways so I start smiling alot and shaking my head (While I am talking to my friend, who is sitting right next to me), so she starts blowing kisses at me and stops paying attention to the guy she was talking. While this is happening, I look to my right and I see this chick who looks almost like Olivia Wilde, so i was like FUUU dude she is mad cute (To my friend). At this point I totally forget about the girl who was standing infront of me, she was taller than me anyways. I ended up telling my friend to tell the chick to my right (Olivia wilde),that I thought she was cute. He did that, the chick pats me on my shoulder, smiles at me, and tells me she's a lesbian. Later in the night she gave her number to my friend :wtc:. That one left a scar.

2- Saw these two chicks dancin around with random guys (Almost like a wolf pack scenario), so I jump in there all hyped up and i'm like hey girl, wanna dance? she goes :ugh2:, I have a boyfriend.

3- Was really drunk one night and I ended up walking in some random bar. Girl starts dancing between my legs while i'm almost passed out on a chair. Few minutes after I gain som energy, walk up to her and ask her, hey wanna go back home with me, she said "No. I am not going back home with either of you". (She happened to be talking to someone else).

I personally enjoy getting rejected for some sick reason, but I hate initiating the rejection process, usually I don't have real interest in the girls who I see around the bar. If I got rejected while not under the influence, I can imagine it to be more bitter.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Me too.

But you're entirely missing the point. I just meant when you're not fluent in a language you can't fuck around which ends up being an advantage for some people.

10. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

This one happened senior year in high school. I don't think I've had anything close to this epic happen to me since-

I met this girl in my 11th grade science class. She was epicly hot. We got along well, but she had a bf so I never thought to make a move. Fast forward to 12th grade and we have science together again. She wants to be my partner so we sit next to each other all year. At some point she becomes single and I finally one Friday I work the nerve up to do something about it. The conversation goes like this:

Me: So what are you doing this weekend?
    Her: I don't have any plans.
    Me: Want to hit a movie?
    Her: Sorry, I'm busy...

The next Monday she was sitting on the opposite side of the class. :wtc:

One more-

Most recent time that I've been rejected was a few years back. I had worked at this video game store for a while and met this really hot assistant manager there (I was an assistant manager too), but I already had a gf at the time. Well this girl and I became friends while at work and ended up having some classes together at college the next year. We'd get to class early to chat, but since I still had a gf it never went any further than that.

This girl had been dating a guy, but he broke up with her having given no reason except "people change". She hated him for that. After that semester she and I wouldn't only talk from time to time whenever I stopped by her store. Eventually I broke up with my gf at the time and got it in my head to go ask this girl out even though I hadn't seen her in a while. I go up to her store and we have a nice long conversation, after which I ask her out. This was more of a failure on my part than a straight rejection...

Me: You wanna go get coffee sometime?
    Her: Are you still dating so-and-so?
    Me: No, we broke up.
    Her: How come?
    Me: Eh, people change.
    Her: Well I would have said yes before you just said that.
    Me: :uh:

11. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

FS, BURN! Hahaha.

Im sure I have one, just give me a few to wake up

12. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

* Who asks that? :ugh:
    ** She sounds dumb. That's a good reason for breaking up. Unless she took it as you changed. Who knows.

:rofl: at your first example tho :mamoru:

14. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i dont have any good stories other than one that happened in like 7th grade and i had no idea what i was doing, but i asked her out over aim and she said no and blocked me, so i got on my other screen name and asked her why and then she blocked me again

never did talk to her again in school, but now she has a 2 year old kid and i think is a single parent

15. THoC

THoC New Member

first example had me laughing.

16. giz

giz Active Member

hmm, I can't really think of any stories. not that I don't get rejected, I just tend to forget I do :rofl:

but on the language barrier subject, I met a girl last night that I started talking to. she wasn't responding and her friend was like "she doesn't speak english" :rofl: so I just grabbed her and started dancing... couldn't really do anything else

17. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

I called my wife and asked her if she wanted to hang out, she said she didn't want to see me. We are separated, don't live together anymore, but she is making me think there is a chance to fix when it's really pretty much over. I know it might not sound that bad, but when you've been married for 8 years and still think she's your wife, it's hard to hear "I don't want to see you"

18. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

one time my soph year of highschool this freshman chick would bug me a lot, i thought it was all platonic :rofl:

so anyways one day she is bugging me more than usual and then this conversation ensues:
    her:do u like anyone
    me: no why would i tell u
    her tell me!
    me: no
    her:tell me or else im going to grab your balls
    me: NEVER (at this point she is threatening me with her hands)
    her: DO YOU LIKE ANYONE
    me: no
    her:do you like me?
    me: EW HELL NO
    her: gets up and walks away
    :hsugh: i think her annoyingness that day caused me to blow up and not really notice what she was getting at :rofl:

19. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

in first grade, the first girl i ever liked laughed at me when i told her that i liked her.

:wtc:

20. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

my definitive answer to second example is "shes a cool girl, it just didnt work out (it just wasnt meant to be)" depending on how astrological youre ffeeling :mamoru:

21. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I went to see a sneak peak with a friend one afternoon. There was a chick there that had obvously just gotten off work (she was dressed in business attire and still had her badge hanging from her hip). We were all waiting outside the theater, ready to be seated and she kept looking at me and smiling. We were outside for about 20 mins and every few mins she would glance at me and smile. My buddy told me to walk over and ask her to sit with us but she started talking on the phone right when he said that. Well the doors open and we file into the theater. She sat down on the row infront of us, alone. I walk over and sit down next to her and tell her that she doesn't have to sit by herself, that there is a spare seat next to me.

She smiles and says "I'm waiting for my boyfriend :mamoru:" I replied with, "Well, if he doesn't show, I'll save that seat for you" then made the long, shameful treck back to my seat. My buddy still gave me a high five for doing it :hs:

22. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

Why do girls do that? WHY WHY WHY. I hate that crap.

23. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

you got me. Worst thing was, her BF was a sweet bro :ugh:

24. teep

teep New Member

her: *kiss* i'm really glad i met you
    me: i have to pee

me: *hooking up with this girl. put my hand down her pants. the absolute biggest grossest saggy meat curtains i've ever felt*
    her: i'll be right back *goes to the bathroom to do something*
    me: *left before she came out*

the worst...
    me: i want you back. i still feel like i'm waiting for you to come home.
    her: i don't love you anymore

:hs:

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

Reminds me of in Zoolander when Matilda goes "I used to be the fat girl" and Zoolander goes "eww!"