Worst missed opportunity stories thread

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 1, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

So the idea here is to tell one of those stories (a true story) where you just wanted to kick yourself in the balls, to teach yourself a lesson.

When I was in 8th grade there was a girl, Jane, I had a crush on who I went on a camping trip with. My friends came up with some elaborate pretense to sleep in the girls' tent, and I ended up sleeping with Jane, in her sleeping bag. We were face to face, and her upper lip was in between my lips. We just lay there. We were awake like that for a good ten minutes. I did nothing. She was right in front of me, we were mouth to mouth, but we didn't kiss.

And when she was lying on my lap on the way home, on the bus, I did the same. I kicked myself so hard for such a long time about this, for two years in fact I was kicking myself, especially since I had not even kissed a girl for the first time after all that time.

But then, a couple weeks into 10th grade, after a long, personal talk one afternoon about lots of random things, the rain started coming down, hard. We were standing outside in the street, and she had walked me some of the ways home - I was holding her against my chest while the water poured down on us by the gallon and rushed strangers walked anonymously around us. She looked up into my eyes. We stayed that way for about 2 minutes, and then I let go and said goodbye.

My first kiss was two years later at the age of 18.

Can somebody beat that? :noes:

2. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

I don't think this is really a missed opportunity, but during grad school, soon after breaking up with a woman, I was in the computer lab and a woman near me asked if I could help her with a project she had due for class in a couple hours on research methods. I was an instructor at the time, so after agreeing to help her I went into teacher mode, asking her questions to make sure she understood the concepts in the assignment, why one would use this type of data with this type of analysis, etc. then we both took off when a class came in the computer lab. She was cute and didn't seem to do anything that seemed like an indication of interest, but I still felt like a complete idiot for not even thinking about flirting with her at the time.

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

In 10th and 11th grades there was this girl i really liked and we used to spend a ton of time together. She would always cuddle with me on the same couch when we watched tv and we would just always be together so that other people thought we were dating. We were watching TV one day, and she used to not mind if i happen to find my hands resting on a little t&a, and one of my best friends says get your hands of (his ex GF's) ass... Im like whatever. next thing you know we get into a fight and go crashing through a doorway. one of my legs didnt make it through so well and ended up not quite broken or seriously injured, but it swelled up really bad, i was running a fever, and just in general hurt it pretty good so i couldnt walk till the third day.

so many missed opportunities with that girl.. laying on a deserted beach me on top of her, face to face... lol, what a noob I was.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  4. dhjammer

dhjammer Referrals: 0

Number one...

Junior year in high school. One of the hottest and most popular girls in high school, Angie, asked me to prom. Unfortunately I had already asked some other pig fart to go with me. I always looked at Angie as if she was unatainable. We would talk in class but never anything important. Since I wasnt one of the in crowd at school and didnt like being around most of the people at school I often look back and wonder what would have come of that if I went.

Number 2

The other that I kick myself in the balls about was a girl named Jessica. My true first love. We went out for 6 months or so. We were at a party and somebody whom didnt like me decided to make up a story about me cheating on her with somebody else at the party we were at. We ended up breaking up. We stayed friends for a while and she went off to college and did her own thing. After about 5 years I got a phone call from her mother. She said that she was in a terrible accident in Glamis and that she was in deep shit. This phone call came from her bedside at Scrips in San Diego. I was kept up to date on her progress for the coming week. She was finally able to come home. I got a phoe call from Jessica once she was home and she said that she wanted to see me. She looked horrible. She couldnt open her eyes and her face was swollen. She broke her face in 6 different spots. I visited while she was getting better. When she was finally better she gave me her staples from her head. She went back to school and I went back to doing my thing. I ended up in a relationship with another girl for 5 years when I recieved another phone call from her saying that she needed some help moving. I helped her move. We smoked a bowl or two and we were watching TV. She looked up at me and kissed me and said thank you. We started making out and she wanted to hit the bedroom. Practiclly begging me to go to the bedroom while rubbing my dode. I wanted to so bad and still had the love for her in my heart but being in a relationship with another woman I couldnt do it. We layed there and she fell asleep. I went home and that was the last I saw of her.
    I found out just recently that she is happily married and has a couple of kids. I am happy for her.
    I still have a baggie full of staples from her head. SICKENING!

5. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

When I was 16 or 17, I was quite the noob. Had just gotten my license which made seeing / taking girls out much more "doable". I met this one girl, Kelly, and instantly was 100% in lust with her. She was the most gorgeous girl I'd ever seen, better looking than any celebrity, p0rn star, girl next door, anyone. Beautiful look, amazing body, and sexy look in general. She was a year older than me, and I never thought i could pull it off with her.

I did ask her to do something, kinda got the runaround at first but finally she caved in. We just saw a movie, nothing special, but I was so scared and nervous that I couldn't do anything. So I manned up to ask her out again, and she agreed, on the condition that we did something unique, that no one else has ever asked her to do. I figure guys had pretty much asked her to do everything, thought for awhile, consulted my friends, and came up empty.

We never really talked that much in the following years, and last I heard she had married some guy who got an accident settlement. Sweet girl - I think so. Golddigger - maybe? But I always wonder what COULD it have been...?

6. Combine

Combine OT Supporter

wow some of the ones above me are pretty good.

Ill keep mine short and sweet, I was bowling with some friends (18 at the time) a girl comes up to me introduces herself, a 23 yr old school teacher, we talk, things go very well, she asks me if I could help her with her bowling game, I told her i wasnt any good with bowling, but I could teach her something else, She got very interested and gave me her number.

My ex called later that night, and we got back together.

Talk about missed opportunity

7. JohnJohnJohnson

One of the two most attractive girls I've ever seen in person approached me while I was moping alone on a couch 15 feet outside of a dance floor in my high school building. She bent forwards slowly. I could see a lot of her breasts. They were really nice. She put her hand on my shoulder and said she liked me a lot and got really close to me. She smelled good, her face was beautiful the way it was lit and she had this awesome tone in her voice. So I froze and she left.

8. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

1. I was 15 and my best friend invited this good looking brunette over so that I could meet her. She ended up showing me her tits and stated that she needed help with her nipple ring...I sat there and did nothing. Later my friend left us alone and said in a joking tone "I'm going upstairs now...you guys can just chill, talk, have sex, whatever!!". I laughed it off. It was obvious that she liked me but I did nothing... I was a good little boy and I was afraid that the righteous hand of god was going to come down and smite me.

2. 11th grade...I was doing my homework in the library computer lab when this chick sat next to me...and stared at me for a good 2 minutes. She finally asked me the time so I told her...then I got up and left. I was in a bad mood that day plus I couldn't believe that any girl as good looking as her would possibly be interested in me. This was about 5 years ago...

since then these two girls have been the only 2 that have ever showed obvious interest in me...and I rejected them both :hs:

Edit: Now that I think about it more...I've been approached maybe 8 or 9 times...and I fucked it up every single time.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  9. nonplus

nonplus New Member

10. JohnJohnJohnson

you win thus far i think?

11. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:o This is one of the few games where I don't want to win.:hs:

12. JohnJohnJohnson

Hey, missed opportunities imply that you have opportunities. Anyone who can't post here may in some sense be worse off than those of us who can.

13. jdw

jdw New Member

oh geeze, missed opportunities or just me being a complete idiot?

met a girl freshman year college and we got to know each other on a 'friendship' basis (we were both dating someone else at the time). I thought she was a wonderful person and I had real strong feelings for her but never acted on them - all this while I'd keep feeling like she felt the same way with the ways she'd act at times. I told myself that one day I would break down and tell her how I felt. This went on for probably a year and a half before one night her and I went out to get something to eat and then proceeded to drive around town for about 2 hours talking. When we got back to drop her off she made the 'lean in' move (inside the car)... I froze and made some stuipd comment, she stepped out and went inside and I went home. We've been good friends now going on 4.5 years... :hsd:

What makes this worse... I got home (okay, to the hall I was staying in) and stopped by a buddies place quick where he, his girlfriend, and one of her friends were watching movies and drinking. I ended up hanging out there for an hour or two and when I left the friend came with to my place just short of begging to spend the night with me. I sent her home.

Month ago I was an usher in a wedding and got to talking to the Maid of Honor at the reception, we clicked, I enjoyed the hell out of the time I spent talking with her, KNEW she was single, yet never asked her out (although I was informed before the fact that she was from way out of town - and well I'm not one to just try and hook up with someone in a situation like that). This pisses me off mostly because I have never clicked with someone like that before.

14. Two toys

Two toys New Member

I've missed to many to count... tons of cases where girls were looking at me and I couldn't get up the courage to walk over and say hi. To this day I have only asked out one girl whom I didn't know at all. ended up banging her for a month. I just never could get the courage to ask a girl for her number or anything.

More than likely its because in high school I really wouldn't get any girls at all. I was always the friend or whatever, or the cute kid, they were always interested in my older friends who were the baseball stars of the school. Its still takes me a lot to realise that a girl could actually be interested in me.

15. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Quite some time ago I did something that haunts me to this day. I was a virgin, and I woke up with a fine girl that was 4 years older than me. I was in her bed, and she started making out with me, and I didn't push it any further. She was so obviously mine, but I didn't even see it that way at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Ever since then I've put myself on a path to seek out anything and everything. Live and learn.

16. sk0rcher

sk0rcher The universe is watching

When i was at prom a while ago i had this one girl looking at me the whole time, and she has liked me for a while. It was pretty obvious what she wanted/was thinking, and even my friends told me. But unfortunately i was with another girl at the time, o well.

17. symptic

symptic I run companies

For my birthday, a girl took me to dinner, paid for it, and on the walk home mentioned all she needed in life was alcohol and sex. I had no interest in her and was looking forward to getting to sleep. :hsd:

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

crushed on a guy on my scholars bowl team. grade above me, taking bc calc, so fucking smart and had a thing for steely dan. basically after like weeks, i was going to ask him out at practice.

some other girl asked him like 20 min prior during the break. other than him, ive always spoken up when ive liked someone.

19. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

I had this super huge crush on this girl who I've known since 5th grade(she moved to my town and I was the first boy she met...I showed her around the school and all the little spots in town for 10 year olds...etc).

She was my only real female friend growing up since I was so shy...and were somewhat close, but once we got to highschool we never really got too many classes together. We had a huge school so we rarely saw eachother.

Even so, we always seemed to make the time to atleast run into eachother in the halls to say hi.

She was always single...I was single then...but I was still really shy around her because I've been hiding that damn crush for so long and nothing happened.

I finaly got the nerves to confront her and was going to ask her out to our homecoming dance, but before I could ask her I found out that she got asked out by another guy so I just suppressed it all and went on my way.

She started dating this guy and that was that.

On graduation night....5 days before I was moving to Florida and she was moving to NY for college...

she confessed that she has had the biggest crush on me since 5th grade.

So I missed out on a super cool girl who also happened to be the hottest little red head that I've ever seen.

I was kicking myself in the ass so hard after she told me that :o

20. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

damn!!! hot red heads are rare!!!

21. JohnJohnJohnson

not interested? you lose thus far ... congrats on not having missed a good opportunity tho

22. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Why is it that mathemeticians always get all the girls?! Or was it the mystique of the Donald Fagen connection?

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

A girl that was a 10 wanted me to take a shower with her and she was taking her clothes off in front of me. I backed out because I didn't think it was the right thing to do at the time and her parents were going to come home and she was slightly drunk. Me and my damn morals. She works at Hooters and might be in the calendar soon.

24. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

:hsugh: at least thrice

1: In high school, this girl who I thought was attractive goes out of her way to find me on the internet and talk to me. Gives me her number. I'm thinking "okay, I really need to play it cool" and ended up not calling her. We kept talking on AIM once in awhile, but it was like four months later when I finally decided to call her. We get coffee. This becomes our thing over the next year...

Anyway, fast forward to the week before I move to college. I call her, she explains she's painting in her bikini (relevance?), and we agree to meet at our usual place. This time, she's wearing this inexplicably hot outfit. Like nothing I'd ever seen her wear. Yeah, so after getting coffee and taking a stroll through the neighborhood I go to drop her off at her house and she invites me into her room to look at her artwork. Just the two of us.

Instead of seizing any opportunities, I just flipped through her stuff, complemented her, and left. She came over to meet my family afterward, but the moment passed. It could be hindsight bias, but I'm thinking not.

2: In college now, at a party playing some drinking games. Out of nowhere, a cute blonde sits down next to me. Just starts talking to me. Hanging on my coattails. What do I do? Watch some guy's lame card tricks, then wait in the long line by the keg. When I come back, she's jumped ship to some sketchy looking guy. Whoops.

3: Girl from my building gets shitfaced at a party. When we get into the car to go back, she's laying on me and putting her arms around me. I just go :hsugh: and ignore her. She responds by making out with the other girl in the car, then disappearing. That was a freebie.

25. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I read that as "a girl that was 10" :rofl: :ugh: :jb: :nono:

:rofl: