FRK Worried about Anal Sex

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bib-Lettuce, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

What can people tell me about the long term effects? I'm not talking about diseases, I'm well aware of stuff like prep-time, lubrication, protection, etc. But I'm really worried about stuff I hear like anal cancer, muscle damage, etc.

Basically stuff that will affect you later in life no matter what precautions you take at the given time. I'm also gay so if I were in a relationship it would be my primary form of sex, not something I try once a week.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

2. 2500

2500 Guest

I've been with my BF for 2.5 years and we've only had anal sex a handful of time. Neither of us really enjoy it all that much, but damn we make up for it in foreplay. It doesn't HAVE to be part of your sex life just because your gay.

3. ANAL cancer? o_O

I haven't looked into long-term "problems" but I really dont think there are that many or gays would all be totally screwed. Your ass doesn't get "loose" like a vagina does over time, so that's a win.

4. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

From what I can find the cancer seems to be purely viral-based which doesn't worry me but yeah I just can't get it out of my head, I have major trust issues with information and I don't know which sources to trust on things. I also don't trust myself and thought some other opinions would help.

5. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

Why would you think cancer could be caused by anal sex? I have no idea why anyone would think that. BTW, it is colon cancer, not 'anal cancer' :mamoru:

Your fine, don't worry about it. Yes, Anal sex is the easiest way to transmit disease because of the anal canal, but cancer is not a disease.

6. mws0019

mws0019 New Member

I responded in the vaginarium thread as well and I will repeat what I said. Anal sex has been linked to cell dysplasia which is a precursor to cancer. Unless you have a background in pathology, you should not be giving your opinion based on your google results.

7. My bum bum gets tight everyday doing nothing. :eek4:

8. txgti

txgti OT Supporter

Yeah, I gotta take a few issues with this statement.

- Cancer IS a disease. It is actually a lump sum term for literally thousands of diseases. The origins of SOME forms of cancer are known, some are not. The possibility for some forms of cancer to be Sexually transmitted, IS out there. For example, Cervical Cancer often can come from HPV, which is a sexually transmitted virus.

- Colon Cancer is one form, yes, but there's other forms of skin cancer, etc. that could possibly be worth a concern over anal sex.

- working on the assumption that Cancer ISN'T sexually transmitted (which as previously discussed, I disagree with) That still doesn't mean that there aren't conditions that may be irritated, and potentially cause long-term damage from anal sex.

That being said, I do think it's probably the exception, not the rule. Having any sort of long-term effect from anal sex seems a bit far fetched. The potential certainly does exist, but I don't tihnk it's something worth getting TOO caught up in. Best bet, if it's a concern, ask an MD. FWIW... I responded because I work at a Cancer Hospital (IT), and I like to make sure the record stays straight on Cancer. I'm not picking on anyone, nor am I any sort of expert on anal sex.

9. Bubba Atlantis

:big grin: Thanks for the clarification. Always good to get people knowledgeable about a topic providing some insight :)

Clarifying my comment about cancer NOT being a disease. I meant more in the sense of what is normally associated with sexual activities, as the broad definition of disease would include cancer. Kinda silly of me to state that it is not a disease (despite me doing that :mamoru:)

10. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

zomg cant believe i read that :rofl::mamoru:

11. LaFlava

LaFlava I ain't not no un-dummy

the only long term problem I've ever seen was in a male prostitute who after +20 years in the business had to wear diapers cause he lost control of his muscles back there. he had tons of other problems from being a crack addict/prostitute though so I wouldn't worry.

12. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

If you're worried about colon cancer from anal sex, you should probably stop using cell phones before you get brain cancer as I'm pretty sure you use your phone a whole lot more than you take things in the pooper.

13. kenlee

kenlee New Member

The one thing that comes to mind about this is what type of lube people are using? Something specially formulated for anal play may be better that say Vasoline or petrol based stuff. Might me worth looking into.

14. Bubba Atlantis

15. WildBull

WildBull Guest

Think of it this way. You have taken some massive shits probably everyday, which means your asshole stretches everyday. Is your man's dick much bigger than a big piece of poo? :hsugh:

16. Bubba Atlantis

You obviously have not seen my dick ;) :mamoru:

17. Zee

Zee New Member

Hemohroids...but thats about the extent of it

Have fun :)

18. F&N Crew reading my gay posts is hella awkward. :o Just pretend you didn't read that.

And yes, Astroglide ftw...for so long we used KY but I realized Astroglide is for teh gay and KY is for teh str8.

19. jimbo_jones

jimbo_jones New Member

Hey, now, I don't insult your sexual orientation by saying you use some crappy excuse for a lube like KY. ;)
    Personally, I don't think Astroglide is all that good, either.
    For anal sex, I think thicker lubes like Maximus and Probe - Thick and Rich Formula are good choices. Both of these are also water based which means they are safe to use with condoms. Your petroleum based lubes are not safe for use with latex condoms. Silicone based lubes are nice and also condom safe, but they don't play nice with silicone toys sometimes.
    So, let me conclude by saying Astroglide is for teh gay and Maximus is for teh str8 anal sexors. ;)

20. Bubba Atlantis

:wtc: I have a friend who has Hemohroids and they can not have anal sex. They have tried, but it is very painful or causes them to bleed. :sadwavey:

21. PanasonicYouth

PanasonicYouth New Member

I'm pretty worried bout this too. I've just started my first relationship with a guy, and we've already talked about it, but, well... I'll be honest, it kinda scares me!

22. Well we dont use condoms so any lube ftw. :mamoru: (We're both clean as hell and never got any dirty pussy in high school, lol)

23. SHINOBIENDO

SHINOBIENDO OT Supporter

Prolapse

look it up

24. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

:werd:

25. lube. use it.