COMIC World Wizard Texas Mini-Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by void, Nov 20, 2007.

1. void

void oh yeah?

yes, i know...some pictures are huge, mostly so you can see some the sketches/art better.

didn't take a whole bunch of pictures...mostly because i was absolutely trashed from the night before.

10 points to the guy who knows this band (should be easy)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

awesome show btw :bigthumb:

mmmkay, now to the event. i only went friday, because after i finished walking around hungover for 5 hours, buying shit,
    talking to folks, and watching some artists do commissions, i went ......out again :o

first off, buy your ticket online, you get this for walking in the door, too bad i didn't feel like waiting
    through his panel and line of fanboys to get silvestri to sign it.
    [​IMG]

next was a massive table filled with collected hardcovers, picked up ultimates for $15
    [​IMG]

marko djurdjevic at the splash page comics booth
    [​IMG]

man, this guy was awesome...i thought i had some pics of a couple commissions he was doing, but i guess not.
    yeah, he was charging $300 for comissions, which isn't bad...but i think i brought $300 with me for the entire show :hs:

micheal lark came in that afternoon and started signing massive amounts of books
    so much he had a jar asking folks with 5 or more comics to donate $1 to the Hero Initiative.

then he started doing head sketches for $10 :eek3: definately forked over cash for that
    got him to do a disgruntled matt murdock for me :wiggle:
    [​IMG]

so i got him and micheal lark to sign DD#100
    [​IMG]

some marko sample work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j scott campbell doing a head-sketch
    [​IMG]
    seriously, every fanboy had a hard-on for this guy (myself included) after i got a boook signed I
    RAN over to his table and tried to get a $40 headsketch...but within 4 minutes he was booked for the rest of the day :wtc:

so i had him sign MCP#1 :hs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kevin O'neill
    [​IMG]
    Pretty much the main reason I wanted to goto WWTX, as I'll probably never see this guy for the rest of my life.
    English chap who collaborated, penciled, inked, and colored The League of Extraordinary Gentemen with Alan Moore.
    This was his america signing tour for LoEG's new graphic novel; The Black Dossier.
    [​IMG]

I told him it was my bday, and he signed my book and sketched an alan quartermain on the inside cover :eek3:
    [​IMG]

hit up artist alley and talked to a guy named tom hodges, he was there promoting his new book from red 5 comics, MidKnight.
    I had him sign a copy of it just for the cartoony art, which i really like.
    [​IMG]

He was taking commissions so i had him do a emma frost pencil for me :wiggle:
    [​IMG]

walked around artist alley and bought a couple prints from some folks
    first one was from billy tan, not a huge fan of his, but i loved his x-23 covers
    [​IMG]

next was an indie guy named ranz, i liked the witchblade print, and he had some decent sketches,
    but i was running low on cash as this was around the end of the show.
    [​IMG]

this guy, i can't remember his name for the life of me, i've got his card somewhere but i'm too lazy to dig it out,
    he had some neato stuff, but i liked this electra print, so i bought it.
    [​IMG]

and THEN, to top it all off...when i got home i recieved the ultimate after-con finsh..

my New Avengers Coipel art came in :bowdown:
    [​IMG]

so that was my weekend, first comic convention, and 25th birthday.
    i'll go next year, hopefully with a larger stack of cheddar so i can get djurdjevic to do me a extra-hot daredevil commission :hs:

2. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

Your first comic convention :eek3:. Looks like you made it a good one :bigthumb:

I was going to try to make it to Kevin o' Neill's signing over in Los Angeles, but I couldn't make it :mad: I hope he goes to this year's SDCC. If not, maybe he'll come back to the states in 2009 when the LOEG books from Oni come out.

How much was the Emma Frost commission?

All this talk makes me all anxious for Comic-Con all over again.

3. void

void oh yeah?

it was $40, could have had a full, inked, colored one for $100. but i'd rather put that towards some original art. besides, i love sketches.

4. daaarn

daaarn New Member

wow looks good. i've always wanted to go to a big con, but my schedule never matches up w/ the dates (or the distance), so i tend to settle for smaller, more local ones

5. MeanieMe

MeanieMe New Member

WAAAHHH!!!!!

Had everything ready to go.

& missed.... :(

Congrats on the stash tho.

6. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

give me that emma frost sketch :mad: