A&P World Trade Center in Denver

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Tikigod, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Had to go pick up my new semester lightrail/bus pass from the school today and brought along the camera, as always -- Only took 1 picture the entire time so here it is, the World Trade Center in Denver. That is all

[​IMG]

2. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

:hs: could you brighten up the foreground a smidge ?

3. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

nothing but junk there - so nope :)

4. hash browns

I feel like it's too dark, and you're trying to force the viewer to look at the crooked building :hs: my eye still isn't catching onto anything :hs:

5. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

basically -- aint nothing in the foreground worth a shit -- this picture wasnt taken in hopes of making it straight or anything -- just something quick -- I liked the light and reflections on the building -- nothing else -- If i wanted straight I wouldnt have shot it at 12mm anyway.

6. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Side by side. There you go Hash Browns (maybe a little too bright, but oh well... 60 second PS job):
    [​IMG]

7. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

like I said -- nothing there worth a shit -- hence why it was left dark

8. hash browns

I think the after one looks better, but needs to keep the windows from being blown out and just do a slight midpoint adjustment :dunno:

Brighten up the street a little bit :dunno:

9. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

The way that photo got edited almost makes it look like the lower buildings had christmas lights on them ..... which they didnt. Either way the shot was taken as a quick snap nothing more, no intention of doing some "great" just something quick.

In all actuallyity I probably should have used a tripod and done a longer exposure overall and it would've looked great but it wasnt my intention with the shot. I walked out of a store saw what looked nice -- only had my wide angle lens -- took the shot -- kept walking

10. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

lol, you're stubborn.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

damn straight lol -- Just didnt expect all this attention from a picture that was meant as a snapshot and nothing more. I also learned a while back that when shooting architecture/buildings you tend to want the main focus to the building -- and not the "junk" in the foreground.

If I had to go back and shoot it - I would have been there maybe 10 minute earlier to get a more orange cast from teh sunset and would've used a tripod and gotten up a few stories to lessen the distortion.

After looking at the edit again (that you did) I like it more, so I'm stubborn but willing to admit that your edit after looking at it a few times does look better.