Workout Videos

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Cerridwen, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Are they worth my time? I am fairly new to (formal) excercise:o and I picked up Carmen Electra's striptease series. I figured they would be a good place to start (I am doing those alternating with walking).

Yes I have read the noob's thread too. I noticed that the body fat % calculator in the first post doesn't work anymore. Can somebody point me to one that is good?

Thanks!

edit: I would really appreciate real answers. These are the videos that I am talking about. http://www.aerobicstriptease.com/store/customer/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  2. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:o Any answers besides that?

4. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

where does one purchase these videos?

back on topic:

Those online calculators are essentially worthless, your best bet would be to have a trainer who knows what they are doing test your body fat using calipers.

And lift weights too ;)

5. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

i think you should upload the videos so we can properly assess the workout and make informed comments

6. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

just so you know, the striptease video is online and you can watch it for free

those step-class type videos and what not are a waste of time and money

8. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Are you a chick?

9. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:rofl:

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:squint:

So is this forum full of leghumpers or people with some knowledge of fitness?

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have another question. How much of the information in this forum is gender specific? I see a lot of information for men, but nothing for women.

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Really? Then maybe the bullshit replies should stop and people could start giving me some real answers?

I asked about the difference between male and female bodies because I am obviously quite the noob to fitness. I was always under the impression that they were somehow different and needed to be treated differently with excercise. I appreciate you explaining to me that they are not different.

13. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

In defense of some of the guys here, we're just hoping you're not a guy doing this. ;) As far as the video workout goes, from what I've seen of it, there isn't enough intensity in the "workouts" to be considered cardio when you compare it to running. It's more of an activity than a workout very much like a dance video.

14. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: No I'm not a guy.

In all fairness though, some of the videos exhaust me :o As I said I'm pretty much a noob to fitness and excercise, so wouldn't this be an okay place to start? I can move up from these once I build a little bit of stamina?

15. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

I think this would be a fine place to start. Eventually you should incorporate other forms of exercise and work on fine tuning your nutrition, but I'm sure this might be enjoyable for you and if you have a boyfriend he might not mind watching you workout sometime.

16. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

If you are serious about this bypass all the hyped up bullshit and go straight to lifting weights (bench/deads/squats are your bread and butter...everything else is accessory work) and adding in some moderate cardio along with a well balenced diet. You will be better off in the long run.

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have been starting to work on my nutrition (and my family's nutrition as a whole) by cooking healthier meals, making the portions smaller etc.
    I do walk also. I was just going to use this as a starting point. :)
    edit: Budget is tight so there won't be any gym memberships or anything like that.

18. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

A membership to a decent gym is only like $35 a month. As an adult I'm sure you can spare that. Remember.. if you can't spare time/money to take care of the most important person in your life why bother doing anything at all. Thats one night out at a restaurant or at a bar. Or one pair or shoes or whatever the hell you spend your money on.

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

As an adult who has a family and is in college full time (my husband supports us), I'm sure I CAN'T spare it. Should I just not do anything then? ;)

20. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

first off congrats on wanting to change your and your families lifestyle to become more healthy. start out with whatever you feel comfortable with. if it means starting with a video in your home then that's fine. you'll want to progress more and will become more active.

as far as a gym goes, does your school have a gym? it should be free to use or you can take a 1 credit health class like women weight lifting. and also if budget is tight check into the ymca...they usually have some good family rates and i know the one back home just got completely remodeled and has awesome cardio/weight equipment.

keep up the good work and motivation!!

21. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

doesn't your school have a gym?

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:o I don't know. I will look into that tomorrow when I am there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.