MMA working out three days in a row ftl?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by caucasion, Mar 21, 2006.

1. caucasion

caucasion New Member

if my schedule only permits me to work out three days in a row, is that better then nothing? it wouldnt be that im not doing anything the other 4, because id be training in MMA stuff. any ideas?

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

training in mma stuff?

2 days a week is fine. I would do legs and midsection one day, chest/back/arms/shoulders the next. Stick with the core movements since you've got to do everything in a couple days. I don't think it will hurt you to work out all three, as long as you don't do the same muscles two days in a row.

If you're doing bag work and rolling you'll still be working your muscles a good bit, so don't feel like if you don't lift weights you're going to be out of shape, because you won't.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I train 6 days a week. It's all about knowing what your body can handle. You should be fine just split up those days.

Push/Legs/Pull

4. caucasion

caucasion New Member

thats what im aiming for
    thanks guys :bigthumb:

5. scrot 'em

scrot 'em New Member

I heard that although all muscles need at least 1-2 days of rest in between workouts, the abs and calves are the exception. Any truth to this?

6. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

To help prevent injury, that's right. And the calves and abs aren't an exception depending on how hard you work them.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Muscles are the same. There is no reason you should work it two days in a row. It will work against you and possibly cause injury.