Working on a new car stereo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by theburninator, Jun 4, 2004.

1. theburninator

theburninator Better Living Through Chemistry

back in high school, i had a decent stereo setup in my 95 avenger (couple of sony 12s a jbl600.1, infinity kappas up front) anyway, after i wrecked the car the system sat in my room for a year or so until my apartment was broken into and all my junk taken

so now i'm driving my dads 99 avalon xls and i want to put a single 12 in the trunk, i'm thinking 1 Adire Shiva in a sealed box run at 600 watts @ 4ohms pushed by a jbl 1200.1

but i have a few questions, what size box does that sub need? I know i've read it likes big boxes, but i've got a sheet of mdf and i need some dimensions...

2nd, since apperantly ikesound.com no longer carries the 1200.1 for $250 with free shipping, where is the cheapest place to get it? i can't even find any decent new ones on ebay.

any suggestions? i'm planning on using a dave navone converter and sticking to the stock HU for now, and eventually upgrading the speakers up front to some nice component set (maybe koda's)

2. 04

04 Guest

The 1200.1 would be a good amplifier. The Shiva would probably work well in a ~1.5cuft enclosure, although its really quite flexible.